Best Donut Makers 2020: Do you love donuts and are eager to cook fresh ones at home? You don’t need ovens, stoves or other fancy kitchen tools, just the best donut maker and you can bake mouth-watering donuts in record time! Donut makers are available in a wide variety of models and sizes. There are many popular brands offering a huge range of donut makers. It is definitely a tricky task to pick the right appliance as per your use.
We have done thorough research and compiled a list of the top 10 Best Donut Makers in India 2020. Check out our top picks, browse through their features and compare their prices to make a wise buying decision based on your requirements and budget.
Top 10 Best Donut Makers In India
Top 10 Best Donut Makers In India Reviewed
1. Brentwood TS-250 Non-Stick Mini Donut Maker
Use the powerful 750-watt Brentwood Mini Donut Maker to bake 7 perfect mini donuts in just a few minutes. Impress your kids, friends and family with delicious varieties of mini donuts, brownies, cakes, muffins and more. Easily slide your mini donuts right off the easy to clean non-stick plates. Power and pre heat indicator lights inform you when the plates are hot and ready. Vertical feet and cable wrap allow the unit to stand upright for incredibly small storage. For safety, the mini donut maker will automatically shut off if it senses overheating.
2. Babycakes Mini Donut Maker
The Babycakes mini donut maker makes 4 mini donuts in just minutes. Breakfast is more fun and delicious with this handy product. It features a latching handle and non-stick baking plates, as well as non-skid rubber feet and a convenient cord wrap. Simply wipe it after use for quick and easy clean-up. The power light turns on when you’ve plugged the donut maker in, letting you know that it’s heating up. When it reaches the right temperature for baking, it blinks off automatically.
3. VonShef Deluxe 12 Hole Electric Mini Donut Maker
Perfect for donut lovers everywhere, this kitchen gadget brings the bakery into your very own kitchen, allowing you to create truly mouth-watering desserts in mere minutes. Not only is it great for treating yourself, but it’s also perfect for treating – and impressing – friends, family and dinner party guests. Easy to fill baking moulds feature a non-stick coating, which makes removing your cooked donuts and cleaning the machine incredibly simple and fuss-free. Power and ready light indicators let you know when the Donut Maker is ready for use and when your donuts are cooked and ready to enjoy.
4. Chef Buddy Hot Donut Maker
The chef buddy has a surface heating time of only 3 minutes and in no time (less than 2 minutes), you can make up to 7 mini donuts. It also has a non-stick surface for easy cleaning. Two indicator lights on the product tell you when it is heated to a baking temperature and when the batch of donuts is done. This donut maker also comes with a really cool feature. It has a flip over feature which means the donut can be picked up halfway through the cooking process and flipped over to ensure the cooking of the donuts is consistent.
5. Betty Crocker BC-2938CO Donut Maker
- Prepares 7 Delicious Hot & Fresh Donuts In Just Minutes
- Donuts Are Baked Instead Of Fried For Less Mess & Less Fat
- Complete With Cool-touch Handle, Power-on Light Indicator & Temperature Ready Indicator Light
- Nonstick Surface Ensures Golden Results & Flawless Release
- Includes A Piping Bag With Assorted Nozzles & Spatula For Decorating Needs
This affordable donut maker by Betty Crocker provides seven evenly baked mini donuts in about one minute. It has a non-stick cooking surface and takes about two minutes to heat up. For safety, it has cool touch handles, non-skid rubber feet and convenient cord storage. It comes with a one-year warranty along with technical support. The product also comes with a mixing spatula, a decorative icing keel and five unique recipes for homemade donuts.
6. Sunbeam 2in1 Multi Plate Mini Donut and Brownie Dessert Maker
This versatile donut maker has interchangeable moulds that you can use to make either Donuts or brownies. It cooks very consistently and takes about 5 minutes per batch to cook. It has a non-stick cooking surface and can cook 6 donuts at one time. The red and green lights on the lid tell you when it’s ready to cook and when the batches are done. It also comes with a really cool removable cooking surface that makes clean-up extremely easy. It has cool touch handles non-skid rubber feet and a locking lid.
7. Nostalgia Electrics JFD100 Cake Pop & Donut Hole Bakery
The nostalgia electrics JFD100 cake pop and donut hole bakery allow you to cook delicious cake pops, donut holes and other pastries at home. Without even turning on an oven make different flavours of cake pops, jelly donuts, puff pancakes, mini cinnamon buns and more. A handy injector is included to give your donuts a variety of fillings such as jelly cream or caramel and to decorate your cake pops with colourful frosting.
8. CucinaPro 1445 Multi Baker, Stainless
- Product Type: Bar Strainers
- Makes a great gift
- This product is imported from USA - It is a 100% genuine product
- Easy to Clean
9. Bella Cucina 13466 Donut Maker
10. Nova Donut Maker
Donut Maker Buying Guide
1. Capacity: The main feature to look for in a donut maker is its capacity. Capacity refers to the no of donuts that a donut maker can make in a single turn. The mini donut makers cook 5 donuts in a go and this number may rise up to 7, 9 or 12 donuts for full sized donut makers. If you would like to use the donut maker for family gatherings and/or make donuts for gifting purposes to friends and relatives on special occasions, then the donut maker with a larger capacity will be an ideal buy.
2. Indicator Lights: Although not a necessary feature for a donut maker, it is always nice to have indicator lights for different modes. Most donut makers from popular brands are installed with indicator lights for power. A few high-end donut makers also have temperature ready light indicators that let you know when the donut maker is ready for baking.
3. Coating: Donut makers with non-stick coated baking dishes are preferred over others due to the ease of cleaning. These are super easy to maintain and last for a really long time.
4. Size: Your donut maker will either occupy space on your kitchen countertop or be stored in a kitchen cabinet or drawer from where it can be easily accessed for frequent use. You must take into consideration the exact dimensions of the donut maker to ensure you will be able to keep it at an appropriate place in your kitchen! If you have a small kitchen, buying a compact design donut maker will definitely be more beneficial.
5. Cord Length: Always invest in a donut maker that has a longer cord length (at least 30 inches) if you do not want to get into the hassles of using an extension cord to supply power to your donut maker. To be on a safer side, you can use a measuring tape to get an estimate of the minimum desired cord length from the power plug to the intended place of usage of the donut maker.
6. Additional Features: Other than the above-mentioned features, there are a few other attributes that can make a donut maker more efficient and highly usable. A donut maker with a latching handle and non-skid rubber feet will offer extended ease of use and storage. Donut makers with removable plates that are also dishwasher safe will be much more convenient to clean. Although costlier, donut makers with ultra-fast heat-up and automatic temperature control features are definitely more efficient.
Top 10 Best Donut Flavours and Toppings
With donuts it’s not a question of if, it’s a question of what flavour you’re going to have.
1. Glazed Donut
It’s by far the most popular donut and it’s not hard to taste why. It’s made of a simple yeast-risen dough that’s covered in a sugary glaze that dissolves in your mouth. With these donuts the fresher the better, since there’s nothing like taking a bite out of a glazed donut that’s still warm and dripping.
2. Chocolate Glazed Donut
Most of us love it when a donut is covered in chocolate but let’s take a moment to really appreciate the glaze itself. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and decadent, thick enough to really sink your teeth into but delicate enough that it melts in your mouth. Combine that glaze with a soft donut and you have a combination that’s almost too good for words.
3. Boston Cream
This masterpiece of a dessert has a lot going on and is basically a meal in itself, but all the flavours balance out perfectly. It’s a classic yeast-risen dough that’s deep fried, covered in a thick chocolate icing and injected with a refreshing vanilla filling.
4. Jelly Donut
This is a sweet and glorious donut that combines powdered sugar as a topping and a fruity centre for its filling. It’s by far the messiest donut due to the risk of staining your clothes and getting white powder all over you. The most common jelly or jam filling is strawberry, but this donut can be a little more versatile than that. You can put any jelly you want such as raspberry, blueberry, lemon and even a red bean paste.
5. Maple Glazed Donut
It’s a Canadian staple but you don’t have to be from the great white north to appreciate the sweet taste of maple. There are two main variations of the glaze – a light glaze with subtle hints of maple and a thicker glaze that’s basically maple fudge spread on a donut. Whatever form the glaze takes, this donut can only be made better by the addition of bacon. It might sound crazy but the saltiness of the bacon with the sweetness of the maple is a beautiful marriage of flavours, plus, it’s perfect for breakfast.
6. Powdered Donut
No party is truly complete without a tray of powdered donuts – be they big or small. Despite being notoriously messy, this simple donut is a staple dessert for large gatherings, meetings or a quiet night at home. It’s a cake-based donut, which explains its fluffiness, and its smothered in confectioner sugar which coats your entire mouth inside and out with its sweetness.
7. Chocolate Long John
This donut stands out for its distinctive shape but will stay in your heart for its deliciousness. Long johns are often confused with eclairs and while they are similar, the Long John is fried not baked and made with a yeast dough rather than choux dough. It may be filled with whipped cream and while many toppings go well on the Long John, chocolate frosting nicely balances out the filling.
The French cruller is a unique donut known for its amazing texture and its twisted appearance. It’s made with deep-fried choux pastry dough which relies on steam to rise, making it moist and giving it its light airy texture. The cruller is usually matched with light toppings like glazes but goes well with whatever topping your heart desires.
9. Double Chocolate
This decadent donut is perfect for those days when a single dose of chocolate just isn’t enough or if you just happen to be a chocoholic. No matter what the occasion, this winning chocolate on chocolate combination has your back. The base is made from a cake-based chocolate batter making it fluffy and moist which really shows off the rich chocolate flavour. It’s then covered in a thick chocolate icing that will melt away all your woes.
10. Sugar Donut
Sugar is usually the unseen ingredient in the world of pastries, but with the sugar donut, it’s the star of the dessert. Not only does it give the donut a glittering look, but it also gives it an extra kick of sweetness along with the rough yet delectable texture. The best part about this topping is that it’s the easiest to make at home.
Homemade chocolate donut recipe – How to make donuts at home?
Ingredients For The Donut
- 50g caster sugar, plus 2–3 heaped tbsp for dusting
- 150ml whole milk
- 15g fresh yeast
- 50g unsalted butter
- 320g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 egg yolks
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 2–3 heaped tbsp malt powder, e.g. Ovaltine for dusting
Ingredients For The Filling
- 500ml double cream
- 2–4 tbsp runny honey, to taste
- 250g dark chocolate, chopped
- 60g unsalted cold butter, cubed
First off, make the dough. This dough takes a bit of time to make.
1. Heat all the milk with the sugar. Once the sugar dissolves in the milk, take it off the flame.
2. Add ½ of the warm milk to the yeast and give it a quick whisk. The fresh yeast disintegrates instantly. This yeast will help the dough to rise. Set the yeast mixture to one side while it does its job.
3. To start the main dough mix, add half the butter to the remaining milk. This will give the dough a nice silkiness and make it light. Melt the butter into the milk and set it aside.
4. Sieve the flour into a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and two egg yolks. Pour in the warm milk and melted butter mix. Add the yeast and mix well. When you get that elastic sort of texture that easily drops off the spoon, set the dough aside. Don’t over mix it. When you overmix the dough of a donut, it gets really tight.
5. Put some flour on the board and take the dough out. Lightly sprinkle a touch more flour. To knead the dough, just pull it over and push in. And every time you do this, just keep turning the dough. Repeat this process until the dough stops sticking to your fingers and is pliable.
6. Set it aside in a nice clean bowl. Before adding the dough ball into the bowl, sprinkle some flour in there, so, as it starts to rise, it does not a stick to the bowl. Cover it with food grade cellophane wrap and leave the dough in a warm place for sixty to ninety minutes to rise until it’s doubled in size. This stage is called proofing or proving the dough.
While the dough is proving, make the chocolate filling or ganache.
1. Pour 500ml of double cream into a saucepan and add honey. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil.
2. Add the diced dark chocolate and remaining butter into a bowl. Add the cream and give the mixture a good mix. The butter elevates the ganache into a really nice shiny chocolate coat. The whisking gives it that aerated texture to the ganache just lightening the load a little bit. Once the chocolate filling is done, put it in the fridge to cool.
Next, its time to roll out the dough and make the donuts.
1. Gently roll out the dough into a rectangle. Keep it about a centimetre and a half thick. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into 12 equal rectangular pillows and place them on a tray. Leave them for 30 – 40 minutes to rise again and double in size.
2. Shallow fry them in a pan filled 1/3 full with hot vegetable. Fry a maximum of 4 donuts at a time. If there’s too many in the pan, the oil will go cold and the donuts will come out soggy. Fry them for 3 – 4 minutes until they are evenly golden brown and cooked through.
3. While the donuts are frying, combine the remaining sugar with the same quantity of malt powder in a bowl and set aside.
4. The donuts should be done by now. To tell whether they are properly cooked or not, tap in the centre on top. There should be a hollow sound. Once they are done, take them out.
5. Roll the donuts in the malt and sugar mixture. Shake off the excess mixture and put the donut on a tray.
6. To fill the doughnuts, pour the warm chocolate filling into a piping bag fitted with a small nozzle. Make sure to pipe the chocolate filling while it’s still warm. If it cools down too much, it will set and be difficult to work with. Insert the nozzle into the doughnut and gently squeeze in the filling.
7. Enjoy the delicious homemade chocolate donuts with your family and friends.
Frequently Asked Questions About Donut Makers
Donut makers are handy electrical devices that let you savour freshly baked (not fried) donuts from the comfort of your home. With a donut maker at your disposal, you can relish healthy and delicious donuts instead of spending money on the stale ones from the local bakery shop. Owning a donut maker not only gives you the privilege to enjoy your favourite donut recipes but also enables you to experiment with new ones.
Based on the ingredients, donuts are majorly classified as cake donuts and yeast donuts. The cake donut recipe uses baking powder and baking soda and its batter must be chilled before baking the donuts in the donut maker. Contrary to this, yeast is the main ingredient in the yeast donuts and its batter must be kept aside in a warm place so that it fluffs up and grows up to at least twice its original size before baking.
For cake donuts, you must create a thick and sticky dough using flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, eggs, butter, and buttermilk. To prepare yeast donuts, you need flour, eggs, butter, yeast, and warm milk that helps activate the yeast. For best results, the dough for the yeast donuts must be allowed time to become soft and fluffy before actually baking the donuts.
Preheat your donut maker and spray its plates and moulds with some oil or grease them with butter. Fill each donut mould with the donut batter until the half level indicator. Simply close the lid of the donut maker and bake the donuts till they turn golden in colour. Remove donuts from the donut maker and let them cool down. Relish the freshly baked and absolutely healthy donuts with your loved ones!
If your donut maker has removable plates, you can put them in the dishwasher or just clean using dishwashing soap. If not, you must dilute dishwashing detergent in warm water and add it to each mould of the donut maker. After soaking the moulds in the dishwashing liquid for a while, use the kitchen rag or a sponge to wipe off the excess oil and leftover batter!
Donut-like foods have been around in one form or another for centuries. Across a variety of cultures, the Dutch have long been credited for creating the donut that we’re most familiar with, although the earliest known recipe for donuts actually dates back to an English cookbook from the 1800s. During this period, donuts were typically one solid piece of dough with a raw centre often filled with other foods like fruits and nuts. But for the modern ring-shaped donut we can thank Hanson Gregory who invented the treat in 1847 when he was only 16 years old. According to Gregory, he was sick of the raw dough at the centre of that era’s donuts, so, he put a hole in the middle for more even cooking. Donuts would remain a novelty until World War 1 when their popularity exploded making the donut a staple of the American breakfast.
The number of calories in a donut depends on the type and size of donut. According to the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, donuts are high in calories. In addition to a high volume of calories, donuts also contain a lot of fat and sugar.
1. Cake donuts contain about 198 calories if they are of medium size.
2. A glazed donut contains about 240 calories.
3. A medium-size frosted cake donut has 251 calories, but if the donut is large, it can contain 327 calories.
4. A small frosted cake donut contains 171 calories.
5. A medium-size chocolate raised donut with frosting contains 275 calories. If it is a large donut, it contains 395 calories.
6. A regular medium-size raised donut has 242 calories, but a large raised donut has 302 calories.
7. Donuts filled with jelly are about 221 calories.
8. Donut holes can contain as little as 29 calories, but a frosted cake donut hole contains 95 calories.
While frying or baking a donut does not take a lot of time, the dough of the donut takes some time to prepare. For a yeast-based dough, at least an hour and a half are required for the dough to double in size. Shaped donuts have to rise for an additional 45 minutes. The dough for cake donuts needs to be chilled for at least two hours so that the sugar absorbs the liquid from other ingredients. Once your dough is prepared, it only takes 2 to 3 minutes to fry each donut. You can fry them three or four at a time.
Most of the time, donuts are fried because it’s the easiest, most fool-proof way to cook them. However, if you do prefer to bake your donuts you will need a quality donut maker and you’ll want to keep a close eye on the cooking time.
Irrespective of whether you are a beginner or an experienced cook, an electric donut maker is a useful addition to the kitchen. These help you make healthy yet lip-smacking donuts in an easy and hassle-free way. From our above comparison of the latest bestselling donut makers, we are sure you would have got a fair idea of what to look for in a donut maker before actually making a purchase.
Take your time to make a list of the features that are absolutely necessary for you and then compare the prices of the various available models to purchase a donut maker that will offer the best value for your money! You may also read verified user reviews of various donut makers on the Amazon India store to be confident about the donut maker that you are willing to buy!
Must Read: Top 10 Best Water Purifier In India Reviews
Loved our blog on Best Donut Makers In India 2022? Do share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.