Are you planning to get in shape with a full-body exercise? Well, a skipping rope can be a great workout and can help you tone your arms, legs, and shoulders. And the best part is that they can easily fit in your gym or travel bag so you can skip anywhere you want.
There are a lot of different types of skipping ropes available in the market and it can become a little confusing to select the right one for yourself. When choosing a skipping rope, you not only have to understand the benefits that they offer but also consider the kind of workout that you are planning to perform with it.
The Best Skipping ropes or jumping ropes are open of the most used and preferred fitness item in the world. They used far and wide by thousands of athletes in their daily fitness routine. Skipping ropes are used right in the kindergarten schools to old age by millions of people.
Skipping is considered a full body exercise because it involves almost all the parts of your body. Skipping rope exercise will burn almost 1200 calories of your body per hour.
Once upon a time choosing a jump rope was easy … you had a choice between the beaded one or the leather one. Now, as rope jumping has grown in popularity for fitness and as a sport, you have seemingly endless varieties and styles of ropes to choose from.
This is why we have prepared this guide for buying the perfect skipping rope and included all the information that you need to know to make your choice. We have also listed down the top 10 skipping ropes that you can try in India.
List of 10 Best Skipping Ropes in 2022
Here is our list of some fine jumping ropes available in our country India.
- MADE FOR BOLD: Made of bold wire skipping ropes, the cable features durable and smooth, ensures the maximum service life and avoids cracking or breaking. The PVC coating provides better protection for the...
- HEALTH AND FITNESS ROPE: This kind of skipping rope for women is great for cardio training and a fun way to get in shape fast. Improves your balance and quickness/coordination by making your mind focus on...
- ADJUSTABLE LENGTH & COMFORTABLE HANDLES: The Jump rope for men is design with 2.8 meter long of the rope, it can be adjusted quickly according to your height, suitable for men women and kids. 2 handles are...
- WHOLE BODY EXERCISE: Skipping is an aerobic jump rope exercise, designed to help you improve endurance and speed, the best aerobic exercise, burn a lot of calories, while improving muscle tone throughout...
- PERFECT FOR ALL: Jumping rope is a super effective functional exercise which is why you’ll see it used in the training regimens of so many athletes in such a variety of sports. Jump rope training targets...
- Skipping Rope is made from durable PVC material that won't twist or break during your workout. The comfortable grips are designed so that the product has a long-lasting life. Jump rope is designed for...
- The package consists of one skipping rope that is suitable for all heights. The rope length can be adjusted. It can be used by kids and adults alike. It is a great choice of equipment for cross-training...
- The skipping rope can be used for multiple types of fitness and cardio training and workouts. At the same time, jump training ropes can be useful for exercises to build up your all-around fitness and...
- The skipping rope has light and easy-to-grip handles, which are comfortable to use for a exercise time. No more slipping with these specially designed handles.
- As you become more comfortable with the basic technique, you can try different variations such as double-under or crisscrosses.
- Premium Quality Materials Used
- Perfect For all Fitness Lovers
- This item having long durability
- Build stamina, lose weight and tone arms and legs
- COMFORTABLE DESIGN: The jumping rope is durable and of good quality, anti-slip foam handles, soft and comfortable. Don't worry that the skipping rope for exercise will fall off your hands
- SPORTS EXERCISE ROPE: fitness jump rope is perfect for maximum fat burn, cardio endurance and to boost stamina. A great choice for cross training, calorie consumption and improve muscle tension
- PVC EMBEDDED WIRE ROPE: The weighted jump rope has braided steel and the wire rope is coated with PVC, which features durability and smoothness, ensures the maximum service life, and avoids cracking or...
- ADJUSTABLE LENGTH: The skipping ropes is 9.2 ft long, you can easily adjust the length according to your height by cutting the excess rope. Suitable for all women, men, and kids
- GUARANTEED: High-quality service and quality are our consistent pursuit, do our best to let customers rest assured. Good after-sales and high quality assurance, if you have any questions about the product,...
- Rope Marital: - Tangle Free, Wear-Resistant and Durable Sanded Rubber Skipping Rope.
- Handle: - Soft and Comfortable sponge Abs Plastic Material Handle with Anti-Skid Sweat-Absorbing Jump Rope.
- Suitable For All Age Group.
- Counting Machine:- Accurate Three-Digit Counter , High-Precision Automatic,
- Product Size;- 6.8 Inch Handle Length, 1.2 Inch Diameter of Handle.
- SMART COUNTER: The skipping rope With Backlit HD LED display which shows Timer, Weight, Calorie and Circles. It will show the number of circles you jump and calculate the current calorie consumption based...
- EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE：Built-in high-quality ball bearings and bearing stabilizers, give you a smooth and effortless jumping experience while help avoid twisting, or winding of the rope. Steel rope...
- SAFETY & COMFORT: The handle is made of high quality and ABS material. Non-slip, non-toxic, and tasteless for safe use. The comfortable hand grip reduces fatigue and makes exerting force easier.
- DURABLE & ADJUSTABLE：The anti-tangle jumping rope is made of steel wires that are coated with wear-resistant PVC material making it durable and unbreakable even after a long time exercising. 3m...
- 9' pvc cord, colour of Rope May vary
- Economical, lightweight foam handle for increased comfort
- Build stamina, lose weight and tone arms and legs
- Perfect for all fitness levels - beginner to pro athlete
- In-Box Contents: 1 Skipping Rope Pencil Style
- ADJUSTABLE LENGTH: Our skipping ropes are designed to be 9 ft long, allowing you to effortlessly customize the length to perfectly suit your height. Simply trim the excess rope as needed. They are suitable...
- PVC EMBEDDED WIRE ROPE: Our weighted jump rope is constructed with a braided steel core, securely coated with PVC. This combination offers exceptional durability and smoothness, ensuring a long-lasting...
- COMFORTABLE DESIGN: Our jumping rope is crafted with a focus on durability and high quality. The handles are designed with anti-slip foam, ensuring a secure and comfortable grip. You can skip with...
- JUMP WITH SPEED, SMOOTHNESS, AND SAFETY: Our skipping rope is equipped with high-quality ball bearings, ensuring smooth and seamless jump exercises.
- SPORTS EXERCISE ROPE: Our fitness jump rope is designed to maximize fat burn, enhance cardio endurance, and boost stamina.
- Wooden handle cotton Exercise Skipping Rope ,Economical, lightweight
- Almost 9 feet (108 inch) twisted cotton cord with handle.
- It can be adjusted to the desired length. At the end of the rope there is a knot inside the handle. Slide the rope through the handle and tighten the new knot to shorten the rope to the desired length.
- Great for building stamina , losing weight and toning your arms and legs
- Suitable For Players / Adults / Teenagers
- HEALTH & FITNESS ROPE: Get in shape while having fun with this PVC jumping rope. It is an excellent workout that improves balance and coordination while shaping your legs and shedding fat.
- ADJUSTABLE LENGTH: The length of the PVC jumping rope can be adjusted basis your height. This jumping rope can be used by both adults and kids.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: This jumping rope is designed to be lightweight and causes the least stress on the wrists and hands as you skip your way to a healthier life.
- EASY TO CARRY: The PVC jumping rope fits easily into your gym bag and can be taken with you wherever you go.
- IDEAL FOR PROFESSIONALS AND BEGINNERS: This PVC jumping rope can be used by both professionals and beginners. It exercises your whole body and keeps your heart healthy and strong.
A Beginner’s Guide To Skipping rope
A skipping rope can be used indoors as well as outdoors. As these ropes touch the ground, if it is a hard surface, the skipping rope wears off easily. Thus,it is very important to choose a rope that is durable. The skipping ropes made of PVC or beaded cord are more reliable. Some features that we have to think of before buying a skipping rope are Light weighted handles, usage, comfortable grip even after you sweat, resizing option, quality of cable and of course the cost. Select a skipping rope on these factors. We have mentioned below the top 10 skipping ropes that are trending in India in 2020. Go ahead and skim through these.
Will this jump rope be used indoors or outdoors?
All jump ropes work indoors, but many jump ropes will wear out very quickly on hard surfaces like concrete. This makes it important to pick a rope that can hold up on rough surfaces. The most durable outdoor jump ropes use a PVC or beaded cord.
While I highlight differences in the ropes in the review below, the truth is each one of these ropes would be an excellent option and the biggest differences aren’t necessarily in performance, but in price and preference. That said, I used the following seven criteria to judge each rope:
- Weight of the handles: CrossFit athletes know it’s the arms that wear out first when jumping, not the legs. When the arms fatigue you start to miss. The handles, therefore, must be light weight.
- Track record: Is the jump rope being used at the highest levels of competition by the top competitors?
- Function: The rope must turn smooth and fast, and have a good, comfortable grip that doesn’t slip when you sweat.
- Versatility: Can it be used by athletes of various ability levels? Can it be used indoors or outdoors? The ability of the jump rope to accept various sizes, types and weights of cables is key here. Heavier cables may be more appropriate for intermediate jumpers while expert jumpers use thinner cables. There are also some cables that can be used outdoors on hard surfaces.
- Ease of resizing: When you get your rope, can you size it perfectly for your needs? Jump ropes that are too long will slow you down, and jump ropes that are too short will cause misses. Ease of adjusting to your optimum size “out of the box” is important.
- Cable quality: Nylon coating is much tougher and lasts longer the vinyl coatings. We also find that USA made cable is superior in durability, and kinks less easily, than cable made overseas.
Here are a couple of key considerations before you pick a rope:
- Outdoor Rating: Will this jump rope be used indoors or outdoors? Many jump ropes now will wear out very quickly on hard surfaces like concrete, so it’s important to pick an outdoor-rated rope if you’re planning on jumping outdoors.
- Trick Rating: Will this rope be used to do tricks, like crossing moves? Many ropes now are built exclusively for speed, and won’t do crossing moves well.
- Speed Rating: How fast do you want the rope to go? Competition speed jumping and CrossFit have really spurred much of the recent jump rope innovation, with a big variety of speed ropes now on the market.
- Durability: Does your jump rope need to last for a while? Or is it OK if it breaks down after a few months? There are big differences in manufacturing and material quality that affect the durability of your rope.
- Ease of resizing: Are you OK with a jump rope that comes in one set size, or would you like to resize it to fit different people or activities?
- Versatility: Do you want to use your jump rope indoors and outdoors? Do you want to swap out rope styles for different activities (for example for double under speed jumping and freestyle jumping)? Some ropes are more versatile for many activities than others.
- Cost: Where do you get the most bang for your buck?
However, with a plethora of options available on the market, finding the ideal unit for your fitness needs could turn out to become a daunting task.
Here is a list of the 10 best skipping ropes that you could buy in 2018 that should make your hunt for the perfect skipping rope easier.
Read More >> Top 10 Best Protein Powder In India
Health Benefits of skipping ropes
Skipping rope has become every fitness lover’s best friend. Even if you do not go to gym, if you have this amazing rope, you will be able to stay healthy, fit and energetic. Let us look at some of the benefits that a skipping rope gives.
Best Skipping Ropes is beneficial to the human body in many aspects. Also their countless health benefits associated with skipping regularly.
When you take calcium pills, you will improve your bone density. Apart from this, research has proven that doing jumping for 10 times twice a day provides better bone density than running.
A skipping rope not only helps you to stay fit physically, but also helps for brain development both left and right hemisphere developing your memory, mental awareness and reading skills.
Cheap and Portable
The skipping rope is very affordable and is very easy to carry. It can be used in different ways and carried very easily to gym also.
Skipping rope helps you to strengthen your muscles and feel very light on the feet. Your ankles, knees and calves will become strengthened and reduce the injuries caused by jumping.
Skipping rope is one of those equipment that provides you full-body workout within 15 minutes. It helps to burn a lot of calories.
Skipping will shape muscles all across your body, the skipping targets muscles in your legs, stomach and other parts. Thus making them stronger better toned.
Best Skipping Ropes involves only purchasing the rope, rest of the part involves using it regularly of skip. Therefore this will save you a lot of money needed for gym memberships.
Improves your day
Best Skipping Ropes daily will help you feel more energetic and considerable help you feel more alive or active during the day time. Thus helping you stay more focused on your routine work.
Improves health and remain young
Skipping regularly can you attain healthier life style which can increase your life expectancy. Hence helping you remain healthy for a long time. It also helps you remain younger, so that you don’t suffer from the problem of ageing.
Jumping regularly can help you reduce diseases and prevent the risk of having cholesterol, blood pressure and also will help increase your bone density.
Things to Consider When Choosing Skipping Ropes
If you are only picking up skipping rope for fun, there are not a lot of parameters for you to narrow down your selection. Really, the major questions for choosing jump ropes for pleasure boil down to durability versus price. Is it going to hold up for the length of time you need to get your money’s worth? Will any cheap rope do?
However, if you plan to work out, there are a good number of things to consider. Finding the best jump ropes for you can be difficult.
Material: The longevity and performances of the skipping rope depend on the quality of material used in the construction of the unit. Due to this, you need to find a skipping rope that has been designed using the best quality of PVC coated layer and in-line thick wire for prolonged use. Such a skipping rope will guarantee prolonged use and protections for better performances.
Handles: The handle of the skipping rope is another essential consideration that you need to think about before making the order. For both comfy and safety, check for a skipping rope that has been designed from an anti-slip foam material that is sweat absorbing. Alternatively, you can also consider a unit that has wooden handles that are comfortable to handle.
Adjustable Length: You also have to check for the length of the unit you wish to buy. For versatile performance, check for a skipping rope that has an adjustable length so that it easily fits all users. Apart from this, you also need to consider a unit that comes with two ropes for improved workouts intensity.
Other essential considerations to think about include the price, portability, carrying bag, and warranty.
Other Things to Consider When Buying a Jump Rope
Are you looking for a rope to use for steady cardio or do you plan on working on speed by mastering double or even triple unders? Some ropes are more specialized than others so, if you are really going for speed you may want a great cable rope. However, if you are not feeling that ambitious or want to do a variety of workouts you may choose a more basic rope.
Consider where you will be doing most of your jumping. Do you need a rope that is easy to pack up and take to the gym? Also, think about what surface you will be jumping on. Jumping on concrete will do more damage to a rope and may require investing in a more durable design. At the same time if you plan to jump in your home you do not want something too heavy duty that will damage your floors. Typically leather will hold up best if you plan to use your rope indoors while PVC and beaded ropes will hold up better to outdoor use.
Are you serious about jumping rope regularly or do you plan to use this for occasional warm-ups and workouts? There are some really nice, quality ropes that are worth the investment if you plan to use them often. But, if you don’t see yourself jumping often, you may be perfectly happy with a simpler rope.
As an exercise, skipping uses very little impact and it’s highly unlikely to get injured while swinging away. Although, if you have previous trouble with your knees, please be careful and try to listen to your body. If any pain or ache, you should stop immediately.
We have reached the end of the article and will like to conclude by recommending Reebok skipping rope because it is a top brand and it is going to last longer. Also by having a good branded quality skipping rope can drive you to skip regularly and make good use of it.
Frequently Asked Questions
All the ropes on this list can be adjusted to fit pretty much any height. Most ropes come in a length long enough to be used by anyone as tall as 6’4’’. To find the correct size for you, you just step in the middle of the rope and pull the handles up to the rope is taut. The handles should hit you around your shoulders, some people prefer the top of the shoulders while others prefer armpit level for a more manageable rope. Start by cutting it at the top of your shoulders and test it out, you can always cut away later.
This will vary based on the individual and intensity of jumping rope but generally, you burn up to 8 calories per minute which is equivalent to running 8 miles an hour. So it is definitely a very effective way of burning calories.