There are a number of ways by which water can be heated. And one of them is by using gas geysers. A gas water heater is a kind of heater that uses the flame from fuel, that flame is usually natural gas. In a gas geyser, the burner is mounted at the bottom of the water tank. When it comes to efficiency It is true to say that gas geyser is more efficient if we use them properly. Also, they save a lot of money. When compared to electric geysers they are energy efficient as well. They are long lasting too. Another benefit is that they require less maintenance. Now check gas geyser price list and compare all of them and choose the best gas geyser.
Top 10 Gas Geysers Comparison Table
Important Safety Points about Gas Geysers
1. Always buy ISI mark Gas Geysers. Gas Geysers have a fire heater inside and have to be made to safety standards for it to be safe. This means that you need to buy only those gas geysers that are as per Gov.t of India rules, regulations and standards. Make sure it has the ISI mark, and in fact even if it is a bestseller and does not have the ISI mark, don’t buy it. AN ISI mark is essential for your and your family’s safety.
2. Always install the gas geyser in an open space and not an enclosed place like a bathroom, preferably on the outside of your house. This is important as it should not be inside the house, and should not be near anything that is a heat sources, anything inflammable or any electrical wires.
3. Install it at such a height that you can easily see the flame.
4. Never leave gas geyser on for too long.
With the safety points out of the way, it is time to talk of the advantages of a gas geyser. Well for starters it does not increase your electricity bill. It is considered energy efficient, and it can be used at any time, and you are not dependent on electricity.
When you buy from this list, then you get the top bestsellers in gas geysers, and you also get a highly reputed and in fact India’s largest online retailer – Amazon India. Amazon also has a 30 day return and refund policy that you should check for the gas geyser you are planning to buy.
The Best Gas Water Heaters Vs Electric Water Heaters:
|Features||Electric Water Heaters||Gas Water Heaters|
|Cost of Water Heater||Electric water heaters are expensive||Gas water heaters are economical|
|Cost of Heating||Cost of heating in electric waters heaters is more (Heating 1l of water costs appox 80 paise)||Cost of heating in gas water heaters is less as compared to electric water heaters (Heating 1l of water costs approx 40 paise)|
|Safety||Electric water heaters are safe||Pose a risk of leakage|
|Heating Time||Requires few minutes to heat the water||Heating time is instant when it comes to gas geysers|
|Space Required||The space required for installation is quite less, can easily be mounted on any wall in or around the bathroom||The space requires to be well ventilated and additional space is required to keep the LPG|
|Life Span||The life span of electric geysers are less||Gas geysers tend to last longer|
|Heating Technology||Requires electricity to heat the water||Requires natural gas or LPG to heat the water|
Gas geysers make use of Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) for the purpose of heating. These geyser types have no limited power to heat water. Gas geysers provide incessant flow of heated water and supply immediate heating. Gas geysers are less power efficient than electric geysers and have speedy recovery rate. No wonder they are the expedient choice for bigger families. Gas geyser are once popular in cities like Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad. But people are slowly moving away from it in metros due to gas geyser requirements like large bathroom with proper ventilation. But in fact gas geysers are picking up in tier 2 cities like Vadodara, Borivali, Mysore, Faridabad, Dehradun, Nagpur, Nashik, Surat. Significant repair queries are clear proof of it.
Types of gas geysers
- Instant geysers or tank less geysersNeeded by those who do not need large quantity of water at once. In India most of gas geyser manufacturers provides instant gas geysers only.
- Storage geyser (not available in India)Needed by those need large quantity of hot water, for instance bath in bath tub. These geyser types are easy to repair as a result of their simple construction and operation. Storage geysers are well-liked geyser types in the market. These type of gas geysers very rare in India.
How gas geyser works: gas geysers work by heating water, making use of gas burner located below a big tank from where the heated water is delivered through pipe lines. In the course of heating, pressure accumulates in a gas geyser and the pressure valve intervenes and discharges the pressure.
How Does Best Gas Water Heater Heaters Works?
The best gas geysers heat the water with the help of a gas burner that is present below the water tank. The water is heated in this tank and is then supplied via the connected pipeline. The pressure valve plays an essential role in releasing the pressure that is created inside the best gas water heater during the process of heating.
Advantages of the Best Gas Water Heaters:
- The best gas water heaters are energy efficient and low on cost
- The user has the power to control the level and rate of heating in the best gas geysers
- The best gas geysers help you conserve a lot of energy and provides hot water instantly
- Repairing and maintenance of the best gas water heater is quite easy
- Since the best gas water heater do not require electricity it is most useful for large families in two and three tier cities that face electricity issue
- The best gas geysers are compatible to run on natural gas pipelines as well as LPG cylinders.
Precautions to Maintain while Using the Best Gas Water Heater:
- Since the working of the best gas geysers are a little complex thus even the best water heater requires a little precautionary measures to be take while using them. Here are some precautionary tips to be kept in mind while using the best gas water heaters:
- Even the best gas water heaters should be installed in a properly ventilated bathroom; you should avoid the installation of the best gas geysers in a confined space.
- The best gas geysers should be installed away from all corrosive, explosive, and inflammable items. You should also avoid the installation of gas geyser near electrical wiring.
- The best gas water heaters should not be placed at great heights, from where you will be unable to see the pilot flame. The pilot flame should always be visible.
- The pipelines connecting the best gas geyser, LPG cylinder and the water outlet should be clean and made of anti corrosive and leak proof material.
- Even though the best gas geysers do not consume electricity it should be turned off when not in use.
The best gas water heaters listed above are the absolute balance of quality, value, and reliability. These are the latest and the bestselling popular products. These products are have extensively been rated by the Indian users. If you also have suggestion on best gas water heaters do write it down in the ‘Write Your Review’ section mentioned below.
Gas geyser advantages
- You have power to control the level and rate of heating
- Heating is steady, thereby supporting power preservation. You will conserve a large amount of heat energy if you use the hot water instantly.
- Suitable for a large family
- It is very easy to repair gas geyser
- You do not need electricity to run gas geyser
- Can run gas geyser on both pipeline natural gas and household LPG cylinders
Gas geyser disadvantages
To know which is better, a gas geyser or electric geyser, you also need to consider the gas geyser disadvantages.
- Strictly not safe. Can even leads to death. More details are in the next section.
- Require additional place to keep the LPG cylinder and bathroom should have proper ventilation
- In India gas geysers had a very small market. Most of gas geysers are instant gas geysers only. Storage gas geyser models are not available. Gas geysers are getting outdated easily
- Small life span as gas burners tends to damage frequently.
- Difficult to install and can only done by experts only.
- Gas geyser causes pollution because it releases carbon monoxide into the air in the course of burning LPG or natural gas
- Due to increasing gas prices and energy crisis, the cost of gas geysers is increasing everyday.
- Sediments build at the base of the tank after using it for a long period of time. You need to get rid of these on a regular basis. You only do this with the help of the drain in the tank.
Are these water heaters safe?
In general these water heaters are quite safe to use as long as you follow basic safety precautions. Certain things that you should take care of are:
- Never install it in a closed space (like bathroom). Make sure that there is good ventilation.
- Avoid keeping it close to inflammables, explosives or corrosives. Also avoid any electric wiring close to the water heater.
- Make sure that connecting pipes are leak proof, anti corrosive and clean.
- Keep it at a height at which you can easily see the pilot flame.
- Never leave the gas water heater on (or the tap on) for long time.
Are there any specific buying tips?
- First and Foremost, BIS or Bureau of Indian Standards have specific safety and performance standards for gas water heaters. So always buy a gas water heater with ISI mark. Do not buy unbranded gas water heaters.
- You should make sure that you have space to install the water heater. As mentioned above make sure that you have a space with good ventilation.
- Some good brands as per Consumer Voice Report are: Kenstar, Crompton Greaves, Marc, Venus, Racold and Bajaj.
The geysers listed above are the perfect balance of quality, value, and reliability. We have featured only the latest and most popular products. You can be sure about the product as it has been bought and tested by hundreds and thousands of Indian buyers.
I hope you liked our Gas Geyser Price List & Comparison and you ask your queries we will try to answer your question
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Gas Geysers Comparison Table
- The Best Gas Water Heaters Vs Electric Water Heaters:
- Gas Geyser
- How Does Best Gas Water Heater Heaters Works?
- Are these water heaters safe?