Don’t have the time to dedicate to searching for the Best Pedestal Fan in India? We’ve done it for you and spent countless hours researching and testing the Best Pedestal Fan in India.
The Indian summer season can be very traumatising if you do not have the right equipment and tools to keep your home cool. I have hence compiled a list of the very best standing pedestal fans in India. Our experts have painstakingly reviewed 100s of products, their technical specifications and user reviews to come up with this concise list of best pedestal fans in India.
If you are not an AC person but are looking for the most efficient solution to fight against the extreme weather conditions, then you are in need of pedestal fans. Pedestal fans are by far the best alternative for all those people who are looking for a convenient, stylish and affordable cooling appliance.
The use of pedestal fan has taken over all other cooling options in many places. Wait, are you too planning to get a pedestal fan for yourself? If yes, then you should be sure of selecting only the most desired one for your needs. Read along with the article and you will reach to that ultimate pedestal fan that is made for you.
Best Pedestal Fans in India – Reviews
Taking crucial features like blade sweep, fan modes, fan speed, noise, material, removable grill, budget into account, we have listed below the best pedestal fan in India.
What to Look For When Choosing a Pedestal Fan
Pedestal fans are electric fans designed with a wide circular base, large blade diameter, and oscillating functions for optimum airflow. Today, there are dozens upon dozens of pedestal fans all vying for your hard-earned buck, so you’ll need to answer a few basic questions in order to choose the best one. Is quiet operation a top priority? Is the convenience of a remote control important? Do you care more about power and airflow? Your answers to these questions will help you pick the perfect pedestal fan from the list below.
Pedestal Fan Benefits
- Environment friendly
- Uses a fraction of the power of air conditioners
- Maximizes air conditioner effectiveness by mixing and distributing air evenly
- Economical: Portable electric fans are inexpensive to purchase and cost just pennies a day to operate. Therefore, they’re a great way to stay cool and add ventilation without spending a lot of money.
- Easy to Operate: Portable electric fans do not require any type of installation or mounting. Simply plug in your fan, turn it on, and enjoy cooling comfort.
- Portable: Again, because portable fans do not require permanent installation or mounting, they can be moved from one area to the next with ease.
- Multi-Functional: In addition to providing a cooling effect, electric fans are also excellent at adding ventilation.
Advantages of Using a Pedestal Fan
The Pedestal fans are really environment friendly as they don’t dissipate CFC or Lead. They make use of a really minimal amount of power as compared to the air conditioners. The pedestal fans further enhance the working of the air conditioner by socializing and allocating the air in a really even manner.
- Economical: The pedestal fans are pretty reasonably priced while you purchase one and further charge very less every single day when operated. Thus, they provide you with a nice method to remain cool and augment the ventilation devoid of spending a large sum of money.
- Easy to Use: The pedestal fans don’t need any sort of installation. All you need to do is to plug it in the power outlet and turn it on to revel in the cooling relief.
- Portable: Furthermore, owing to these fans being portable, they do not need to be installed permanently or being mounted, they might be carried from one place to the other with a whole lot of ease.
- Multi-Functional: Apart from providing the relaxing and cooling effect, these portable electric fans are moreover outstanding while enhancing the ventilation of any room.
Best Pedestal Fans in India Reviews
The pedestal fans provide the user a lot of freedom since they can be moved from one place to another without facing the trouble of installation. The pedestal standing fans take pretty less space within your house or office but offer a cool breeze of air in all the corners of the room. So, buying a pedestal fan from our 15 Best Pedestal Fans in India listing is going to offer a lot of benefits.
Orient Tornado 450mm Pedestal Fan Review
- ORIENT Electric Tornado Pedestal Fan, 450 mm
Orient comprises of a wide range of standing pedestal fans. This Orient Pedestal Fan comes in with the command of a tornado-like breeze that can circulate air all over the big halls as well as rooms in a house. This pedestal fan further comprises of an innovative blade outline and construction. The Thermal Overload Protector may also be reset so as to provide protection from overheating. The slim pulling cord switch has also been provided to add control along with an extra-large metallic base for solidity.
Why Do We Recommend This:
- Provides you with power of a tornado to storm through the larger rooms
- Offers a unique blade design for providing you with best air performance
- Comes with a thermal overload protector for overload protection and safety
- Comprises of sleek pulling cord for controlling the speed and switching off/on
- The extra-large metal base provides you with the stability while the fan is working
Bajaj Victor VP-R01 400mm Pedestal Fan Review
No products found.
This is an amazing pedestal standing fan from Bajaj that comes in with a remote and offers a top-class speed fan that rotates at 1300RPM. The overall power that this fan consumes is really low at 55 watts and thus it may also be used on an inverter. This pedestal can also be operated with the remote and the timers may also be set. It further has top performing acrylic blade which provides the best air delivery and works silently than metal blades.
Why Do We Recommend This:
- The fan comes with a remote control, letting you operate it from your bed while you enjoy a movie in your bedroom.
- With a high motor speed of 1300 RPM, this fan is going to give you good breeze, making the room cool so you enjoy more comfortable afternoon naps.
- Bajaj victor comes with three-speed settings, so you can reduce the speed when you begin to feel a bit chilly.
Usha Maxx Air 400mm Pedestal Fan Review
- Aerodynamic PP blades for better air delivery with low noise
- Powerful 100% Copper Motor designed for Indian conditions; Two easy tilting mechanisms- Ratchet and Knob type
- Overheat protection- Fuse to protech during thermal overload
- Easy assembly - Follow step by step instruction as per manual
- Mounting Type: Free Standing; Material Type: Recycled Material
Usha is a brand that also deals in several home and kitchen appliances of good quality and all of them offer amazing performance. The range of pedestal fans offered by Usha is amazing and comprises of ample amount of features so that the customers would like it. This pedestal fan from Usha offers high air delivery along with semi-transparent PP blades that have an aerodynamic design. The unique oil reservoir lubrication gives it a longer life and better reliability.
Why Do We Recommend This:
- This pedestal fan provides you with the best-in-class air delivery
- Comprises of aerodynamically designed translucent PP blades
- Comes with the unique oil reservoir lubrication for longer life and reliability
- The pedestal fan doesn’t offer jerks and offers uniform oscillation
- Covered with a 2-years manufacturer’s warranty on the product
Havells V3 Turbo 450mm Pedestal Fan Review
Havells is a brand that deals in a wide range of home and kitchen appliances having the best quality. The Havells V3 Turbo Pedestal Fan is also a nice addition to its wide range of appliances since it is perfect for any house or office. This pedestal fan comprises of 3 120cm powerful blades along with a sturdy 450mm blade sweep. The overall power that the Havells V3 Turbo consumes is 100 watts and comes with a 2 year brand warranty.
Why Do We Recommend This:
- Comprises of 3 large and stylish blades for utmost cooling performance
- With the blade size of 120cm, the pedestal fan provides large air sweep
- The fan functions at an RPM of 1400 that offers an amazing air thrust
- Comes covered with a 2-years manufacturer’s warranty on the product
- At a power rating of 100W, you may end up saving a lot of power
Eurolex Avitor 400mm Pedestal Fan Review
Having this amazing Eurolex Avitor Pedestal Fan, you are going to feel comfortable in any sort of weather. The stylish and trendy looking standing fan eradicates all distress, thereby revitalizing your whole body. The Eurolex Pedestal Fan’s air delivery is top-class and dependable having the finest motor that has been aerodynamically intended blades that makes the most of your air conditioners by producing a comfy gentle wind.
Why Do We Recommend This:
- Provides and elegant and sleek design to match the room’s settings
- Offers you with an air sweep of 400mm for maximum air circulation
- Comes with a unique pivot arrangement for oscillation and tilting
- Covered with a 2-years manufacturer’s warranty on the product
- Available in both normal and high-speed variant offline and online
Bajaj Midea BP2200 400 mm Pedestal Fan Review
In India, Bajaj is one the leading home and kitchen appliance brand that deals in a seamless range of appliances in almost every category. The range of pedestal fans from Bajaj is also fantastic and stylish. The Bajaj Midea BP2200 standing pedestal fan comprises of full copper motor that works for a long duration of time. Further, the fan provides higher air thrust and amazing air delivery at 2200 RPM. The blade sweep offered by this fan is 400 mm and comes in with a power of 100 watts.
Why Do We Recommend This:
- Offers you an advanced air sweep of 400mm for air circulation
- At a power rating of 100Watts, it doesn’t consume a lot of energy
- Operates at an RPM of 2200 so that the air thrust provided is maximum
- Comprises of a full copper motor for durability and for longer life
- Covered with a 2-years manufacturer’s warranty on the product
V-Guard Finesta STS 400mm Pedestal Fan Review
V-Guard is a brand that basically deals in electronic appliances as well as wires. The range of electronic appliances that this brand sells is of good quality and provides an effective performance. The motor of this pedestal fan offers a speed of 1350 RPM and consumes nearly 100 watts of power. This standing pedestal fan comes in with 4 distinct speed settings along with 400 mm of blade sweep.
Why Do We Recommend This:
- Comprises of an inbuilt thermal overload protector for safety
- Covered with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty for after sales service
- Provides an air sweep of 400mm which is ample for any room
- At a power rating of 55W, the fan consumes very less energy
- Comes with a corrosion resistant powder coated metal with 120 spokes
Crompton Greaves Hiflo 400mm Pedestal Fan Reviews
Pedestal fans offer an ideal solution for staying cool in the hot and humid summer months. They are convenient and can be used both indoor and outdoor, providing blast of air in areas where airflow cannot be easily accessed. As compared to other fan types, pedestal fans come equipped with an adjustable height. The pedestal fan’s oscillating movement allows for wider coverage, while meeting specific cooling needs. Our wide range of Pedestal Fans is available in your local market or you can buy pedestal fans online also.
Why Do We Recommend This:
- The hot summer months can be exhausting days for every people. The intense heat can make life uncomfortable.
- A decent fan, which can be easily relocated as per need can help us to get rid of hot summer days. The pedestal fan price is also affordable.
- The Crompton Greaves High Flo Wave standing pedestal fan, from the popular and trusty consumer electrics, Crompton Greaves can actually come out to be the best solution that you ultimately need to beat the summer. It is one of the Best Pedestal Fan in India
Usha Mist Air Ex 400mm Pedestal Fan Review
Usha Mist Air Ex 400mm Pedestal Fan was purchased last month when the temperature had increased a lot and the heat had become unbearable in spite of having the AC on 24 hours. Usha is known for being a brand that can be trusted and hence I did not have second thoughts when the employee of the store recommended me this brand. The price was only Rs. 2245 which fitted my budget and to get a product from this brand was a great deal for me. I installed this fan in my main hall and it occupied very less space of the room and the fan does not make a loud sound but it vibrates a little. The amount of air and breeze I get from this pedestal fan is just amazing and while cutting vegetables and watching television in the main hall, this fan gives me enough breeze I require and I also sometimes switch off the AC as I feel cool in the room. The uniform oscillation is is its strength. The product comes with a one year warranty.
Why Do We Recommend This:
- The Usha mist Air pedestal fan helps you to get rid of high summer temperatures. With its strong motor, this fan makes your home well ventilated and cool. It also gives instantaneous cooling.
- You can conveniently relocate this portable fan in your house and keep it in any of your rooms. It has three broad blades, this fan helps to increase the airflow in your room. Check this pedestal fan price below.
- It works at an advanced velocity of 1280rpm. The Usha pedestal fan contains a sweep of 400mm and gives jerk-free, continuous oscillations at all the velocities. Designed for Indian weather conditions. This pedestal fan withstands voltage fluctuations.
How to Select the Best High-Speed Pedestal in India? Buying Guide!
The pedestal fans are in other words described as the portable electric fans. They are electronically-driven appliances that are frequently utilized to regulate the climate, enhance the personal comfort, improve ventilation, and to deliver drafts. These types of fans are the axial fans since they make use of the blades that force the air inside the room to flow analogous to the shaft around which the blades of the fan rotate. The fundamental components of the pedestal fan comprise of the blades, fan base, blade guard, armature and lead wires, oscillator shaft, motor housing, and oscillator gearbox. The features that you need to keep in mind before buying a pedestal fan have been given below:
Blade Sweep: A fan’s blade sweep is usually the circular zone that is covered by the blades of the fan whilst it is rotating. The overall span of any fan blade’s sweep, on fans having several blades, is calculated by measuring the expanse from the edge of a blade to the edge of the other. In general, the blade sweep is around 400mm or 450mm.
Noise: In spite of their cooling dominance, a majority of the pedestal fans function pretty quietly. On the other hand, a few people revel in the white noise that a few fans generate especially when they sleep.
Material : The fans which have been made out of plastic might appear to be inexpensive but might be more practical. These types of pedestal fans also don’t rust and provide nice cooling. The ones made up of stainless steel is still going to rust since they just coated with some paint, and even the fans made up of brass might corrode and necessitate polishing. The pedestal fans made up of metal are tougher and are going to withstand any knock whilst the plastic ones might crack. A majority of these fans offer blades made up of Aluminium.
Removable Grill: Fans are going to gather the dust following some months of regular use. A detachable grill is really convenient to have for cleaning purpose. Unluckily a few fans require being disassembled or unscrewed to get access to the fan blades. There might be other fans that might be designed not to be opened even slightly. For safety purpose, the fan must be switched off and unplugged prior to performing any cleaning.
Rotating, Oscillating, Grill or Fixed: A majority of the fans possess oscillation up to 90 degrees; the pedestal remains motionless while the grill takes tums. The oscillating fans might be utilized even by switching off the oscillation, parting the oscillating function to be a feature used pretty rarely when required. There are several fans which are going to permit vertical tilting as well, which ranges from 20 – 30 degrees.
Fan Power: The industrial fans have been rated by the quantity of air they provide and are measured in Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM). The fans meant for the consumers are seldom rated in this manner. The input power grade (watts) for any fans is an inadequate but practical sign of the wind authority of any consumer fan. The 50 to 60 watts is a mediocre 80 to 100 watts is near about the extreme practical for use at home. In case it isn’t stated in the manual or documents, the fan’s wattage must be provided at the rear end or below the fan.
Fan Speed: The speed of the fan is provided or measure in terms of Rotations per Minute or RPM. The pedestal fans comprise of the speed regulating dials or buttons that allow you to control the speed of the fan.
Height: The pedestal fans available on the market allow the customers to further adjust the height of the fan as per the requirement of the user.
Remote Controls: These days, a few pedestal fans further comprise of remote controls, which provide you with every single function so that you can make changes from anywhere inside the room.
Size of the room and number of people staying – This is an important factor to consider. You do not need an industrial grade pedestal fan if you are planning to use it in a small room. However, you will need a more powerful fan if you planning to use it on your terrace. So think about your usage and requirements and then look for the right fan for your needs.
Budget – Good news is that Pedestal fans are generally not that expensive. But before you start selecting a product, always have the right budget in mind. Do not go for a really cheap product because they tend to get damaged easily.
Things to consider while shopping for Pedestal fans online:
When you shop for pedestal fans online, there are some important factors that you need to consider such as:
- Choose the right quality: It is necessary that the product which you buy is value for money. The fan that you purchase should have efficient quality and must not require much maintenance.
- Good features: Different fans out in the market are packed with some great features. Similarly when you buy such type of fan, you need to see that it has some great features that can make your life simple.
- Suits all season: Mostly the fans are needed in kitchen or during summer season the most. That is why pedestal fan that you choose should match with all seasons and should offer good ventilation which can be availed in any weather.
Difference between Air cooler & Pedestal Fans?
So a lot of people are confused if they should go for Air coolers or Pedestal fans. Both these products are compact and portable and can be moved to different areas of the house depending on where you are at the time. So I am jotting the differences between the two appliances to make it easier for you to select between the two:
- Air cooler use water to cool the air inside your home. However, you might be surprised to know that a pedestal fan does not actually cool the air. It only helps in circulating the air.
- But using water also has its own drawbacks. Air cooler does increase the humidity levels inside your home. This might have some health issues for few people
- The air cooler is more expensive.
- Air cooler also uses more electricity. This is because it needs to operate an additional motor to circular air on the cooling pads.
Tower Fan vs Pedestal Fan – Which is Better?
If you are confused in making a choice between the tower fans and pedestal fans, and unable to make the right choice between the two – the following tips can prove to be helpful enough.
If you are worried about the space constraints, the tower fan can be a better option than the pedestal one for space constraints. The tower fan can help you fit it in any corner of the room. On the other hand, if you have a larger room, the pedestal fan may be a great alternative. The larger blades on the pedestal fans can be one of the great choices for circulating efficient air circulation in a large room.
If the fan is to be used in a bedroom, noise can be one of the important considerations. Once again, the tower fan can be a little quieter than the pedestal fans. Sine the pedestal fans are made with larger blades, they tend to make a little more noise. However, that apart, the pedestal fans tend to offer you a better air circulation as compared to the tower fans.
Of course, you would look for the lowest possible cost of using the fans. The fans that use the least energy can be a good choice. From that perspective, pedestal fans use half energy than that used by tower fans, thus pedestal fans become a very good choice.
Ease of Cleaning
If you are looking for a fan that provides you with easy cleaning options, tower fan can be the ultimate choice. The blades are placed deeper inside the fan, and thus there are lesser chances of it catching rust or dirt. On the other hand, a pedestal fan needs you to disassemble for cleaning it, which is not a very difficult task.
Ultimately, it should be your personal preference in choosing the right option among the pedestal fan and a tower fan. Also, please be sure that in general tower fans are more expensive than pedestal fans, thus please even consider the cost-benefit ratio.
How to Assemble Pedestal Fan?
Assembling Pedestal Fan is very easy, however, few small things need to be considered. The most important point one needs to take care of in case of pedestal fans is to check if the power source is nearby. The complete unit should be installed with just a basic toolkit. Installing and assembling it should be one of the easier and simple tasks, there are only 2 steps the first being the pole & the base installation and the second being the motor and the fan installation. Let’s check each of them one-by-one:
Pole & Base
To begin with, lay the parts of the fan on the floor. First of all, place the pole on the base of the stand. You only need to insert the screws and connect them. On some models, the pole and the base can be moulded together.
Motor & Fan
Next on, install the motor and the oscillating arm. The pole comes with the predrilled holes. You can easily screw in the motor and other elements into the pole. The next step would involve inserting the blades.
In essence, the pedestal fans come with an easy to follow installation instructions. You do not need to be an expert in the electrical engineering as it just involves inserting the screws into the previously drilled holes and your fan is set up.
How to Clean Pedestal Fan?
A dusty fan can both be unhealthy and lack in performance. In fact, when the fan blades get dusty, they tend to offer resistance to the movement. This will further put a pressure on the motor which may overheat or even stop working altogether. That is exactly what would make cleaning a pedestal fan all the more important. The following tips may be helpful for you to clean a Pedestal Fan:
Remove the Blades
First of all, remove the cage that protects the blades. The cage may be attached to the body through the clips, or they may be screwed together. You can unsnap the clips or use a screw driver to unscrew the front grill. You can remove the back grill as well if they are removable. This will provide you with a better access to clean the blades.
Before removing the blades, you need to unscrew the cap that holds the blades to the cap. Once that done, the blades can be slipped out for a better cleaning.
Clean the Blades
Dust the blades with a dry cloth. If the blades have any stubborn kind of dust or dirt, they can be cleaned with damp cloth or sponge. You can use the scrubber, but make sure you are not using anything that can be too abrasive.
For cleaning the corners and tough to reach positions you can use a tooth brush or similar material or even use dampened cotton swabs. Make sure that once they are cleaned, they are dried with a towel before assembling them back int the fan.
These deep cleaning sessions can be taken up once every two or three months. In between these sessions, a vacuum cleaning option can be good enough to prevent the build-up of stubborn dust or dirt.
Which are the best brands of Pedestal Fans in India?
Gone are the days when we had only a couple of brands to choose from. Even though we still have the old brands doing well, they had to evolve fast and launch better designs to stay competitive. Below are some of the best brands selling stand-up fans online:
- Flipkart SmartBuy
Out of these Usha, Crompton and Bajaj are old brands which are known for making good quality pedestal fans for years. Some of the newcomers that are now doing well in this field are Havells and V-Guard.
Top 12 best pedestal fan in India 2022
- Pedestal fan with the best air delivery – Havells V3 Yurbo 450mm Pedestal Fan
- Best pedestal fan for bedroom – Usha Maxx Air 400mm Pedestal Fan
- Best pedestal fan with remote in India – V-Guard Finesta Remote 400mm Pedestal Fan
- Best portable pedestal fan – Crompton Hiflo 400mm Pedestal Fan
- Pedestal fan with the best blade design – Orient Electric Stand Fan
- Pedestal fan with the best sweep – Bajaj Victor 400mm Pedestal Fan
- Pedestal fan with a strong motor – Luminous FanfarePRO 400mm Pedestal Fan
- Pedestal fan with the best cooling technology – Ansio 400mm Pedestal Fan with Remote
- Pedestal fan with the smoothest performance – Orpat 1250 RPM Pedestal Fan
- Pedestal fan with the best features – Honeywell 16-inch Whole Room Pedestal Fan
- Pedestal fan with the best warranty – Eveready High Speed Pedestal Fan
- Best high-speed pedestal fan India – Almonard 18-inch Mark-II Pedestal Fan
Why do I need a fan?
Your answer to this question will guide most of your other considerations when searching for the right fan. Heavy-duty fans are intended for use in a commercial setting where they can ventilate large, open spaces and meet specific cooling needs. Their durable construction is meant to withstand prolonged operation and harsher environments. Heavy-duty fans, manufactured by Marley Engineered Products, in particular, are noted for their quality.
Residential fans are ideal for personal use such as cooling around the house, including your bedroom, living room, or patio. These fan models are often designed with versatility in mind and many come in streamlined styles and interesting colors to please the eye. Misting fans disperse water while they cool and are best suited for an outdoor environment.
Water damage restoration fans and air movers help repair an indoor environment that has sustained water damage. These powerful fans are often stackable and offer multiple positioning options for effective drying. B-Air Air Movers provide durability in harsh, damp conditions. The Ventlo Low Profile air mover angles to better ultilize the high performance airflow and CFMs.
Some commercial spaces are better suited for ceiling fans. Leading Edge fans are affordable, durable, and available in multiple sizes.
While some fans are flexible enough to satisfy both residential and commercial needs, keep in mind your own individual reasons for needing a fan and try to find a model that is meant especially for that purpose.
What type of fan do I want?
Not all fans are created equal. Most fans consist of blades, a housing unit, a motor or power source, and structures to keep it upright (stands, legs, bases, etc.). But because of the diversity of designs and functions, not all fans will fit this standard prototype.
However, there are common design types to help guide you in buying a fan:
- Tower fans feature a vertical housing unit where the cooling apparatus stretches along most of tower’s height.
- Freestanding floor fans have a traditional blade and housing design attached to an upright pole.
- Desk and tabletop fans sit atop countertops and desks without compromising space.
- Centrifugal fans, such as the Phoenix Centrifugal Air Mover, have blades oriented perpendicular to the airflow, as opposed to the more typical axial design where the blades face the same direction as the airflow.
Several factors will determine what kind of fan is most appropriate for you. Centrifugal fans are often used for water damage restoration due to their higher pressure production. Tower fans are optimal when space is limited. Bladeless fans can be an interesting conversation piece and add an attractive aesthetic to an otherwise dull room. Consider the amount of space you have to accommodate a fan and your intended application before selecting a type.
How big a space do you want your fan to cool?
Your fan’s cooling performance is measured in cubic feet per minute (CFM). What this basically means is how big the volume of air the fan is able to move. The bigger your space is, the higher volume of air your fan should be able to move to ensure that the get enough airflow to keep you and your space cool. For example, a large room such as an office or a gym will need a large, powerful fan such as the Air King 9420 20-Inch Industrial Grade Pedestal Fan.
How many speed settings do you want?
It’s typical for a fan to have 3-speed settings – low, medium, and high. That’s what we’ve all been used to. But nowadays, some fans offer more than just the typical 3. For example, the Vornado 6803DC Energy Smart Medium Pedestal Air Circulator Fan with Variable Speed Control comes with 99 speed settings! The more speed settings a fan has, the more customizable a fan is. Of course, for some people, 99 speed settings seem too much. The Avalon High Velocity offers 35, 9 of which are all quiet speeds.
How much noise can you tolerate?
This is an all-important question because a powerful fan can generate strong winds but this could also mean a loud noise. Some fans offer whisper-quiet speed settings for those who are sensitive to sound while sleeping or who prefer to not notice the fan while performing other activities such as watching TV or having conversations. Others prefer a somewhat louder noise level that serves as “white noise.” The Honeywell HS-1655 QuietSet 16″ Stand Fan offers such a setting.
Do you want a remote control?
Some of us are just plain lazy. Kidding! Having a remote control can make controlling the fan much easier from across the room, especially if you’re too busy to walk to the fan and back. Or, if you’re already lying down in bed and couldn’t be bothered to get out of your comfy spot to change settings. Keep in mind that some remote controls do not allow you to turn the oscillation of the fan on or off. One fan that does allow you to control oscillation via remote is the Costway 18″ Adjustable Pedestal Fan.
Do you need a timer?
A timer is a good option if you want the fan to shut off after a set number of hours. For example, the Honeywell HS-1655 QuietSet 16″ Stand Fan and the Avalon High Velocity allow you to program the fan to shut down after 8 hours. This is perfect if you want the fan to stop around the time you’re supposed to wake up.
Does your preferred fan come with an adjustable height and tilt-back feature?
Most fans come with an adjustable height and the tilt-back feature which adds to its versatility. You can choose to cool yourself using an indirect breeze if the direct one is too powerful. But you should know that not all adjustable heights are the same. Some fans such as the Vornado 783 Full-Size Whole Room Air Circulator only offers two height positions (28 inches and 40 inches) and not the usual range of heights.
Choosing the best pedestal fan to suit your needs isn’t too hard to do. As long as you know what you need (how much airflow) and what you want (how much noise and the features you prefer), then the rest is easy.
I would like to recommend Havells Sprint 400mm Pedestal Fan with LED Remote as this fan have incredible features and also very economical for you, So, you can go with this incredible pedestal fan.
Frequently Asked Question
The English Wiktionary defines a pedestal fan as an electric, oscillating fan supported by an adjustable, detachable stand.
Because they are smaller, pedestal fans consume less electricity than ceiling fans, but they are not as efficient when cooling down an area. While a pedestal fan generally consumes between 50-55 Watts at different speed levels, ceiling fans typically consume between 70-85 Watts. However, the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) 5-star rated ceiling fans consume about 45-55 Watts thereby provide much more energy saving as compared to pedestal fans or regular ceiling fans.
A residential pedestal fan will cost anywhere between 40 to 70 paisa per hour to run, or around Rs. 1,100 to Rs. 2,100 year. The cost of using a pedestal fan depends on the speed setting of the fan as well as its wattage. It will also, of course, depend on the rate you pay for electricity.
To increase the efficiency of a pedestal fan, place it beside an open window at night or in the early morning. This will ensure that the cool air pulled from the outside is circulated throughout the room to keep the temperature down.
The best portal to shop for pedestal fans online is Amazon India. Besides offering genuine and quality products, the most popular online store in India also offers benefits like additional cashback, no cost EMI, expedited delivery with Amazon Prime, 100% purchase protection, etc.
Mentioned below are some of the most popular pedestal fan brands in India.
Almonard pedestal fans
Crompton Greaves pedestal fans
Havells pedestal fans
Remi pedestal fan
The best pedestal fan company in India is Usha.