Looking for the best air purifier in India? Quality air purifiers have never been more imperative for good well being. The tight seals that make your home comfortable and energy effective also trap indoor air contamination. From cooking exhaust and cleaning vapors to tidy and pet dander, there is a wide sort of vapors and particles that contaminate indoor air. Insights from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) have demonstrated that the air inside your home can be five to ten times dirtier than the air outside, and all the more critically, Americans spend a normal of 90% of their lives inside. We have reviewed top 10 best air purifier in India. Check air purifier price. Here we have a list of top 10 air purifiers in India.
If you are planning to buy an air purifier, consider a few things including the room size, the clean air delivery rate (CADR), air changes per hour (ACH) and the type of filter in the purifier, among other things. CADR is affected by room area and height. The CADR should ideally be two-thirds of the room size. So, for a room measuring 300-350 sq.ft., a CADR of 200-250 cubic metres an hour (m3/h) is preferable. Higher the CADR, better the air filtration capacity of the air purifier. he type of filter is yet another important factor – a HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) filter can filter up to 99.9 per cent airborne particles of upto 0.3 microns in size; activated carbon in combination with a HEPA filter can remove odours, too. Also consider the operating cost, which is the cost of replacing the filter at the time of the purchase.
Top 10 Best Air Purifier in India Comparison Table
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Air Purifier in India Comparison Table
- What is PM 2.5?
- Types of Air Purifiers And How They Work?
- Air Purifier Buying Guide
- Top 10 Best Air Purifiers Reviews
- Philips 1000 Series AC1215/20 Air Purifier
- Philips AC4025 40 -Watt Air Purifier
- Philips 2000 Series AeraSense AC2887 Air Purifier Review
- Gliese Magic Room Air Purifier, 5-Stage Air Filtration
- Kent Aura 45-Watt Room Kent Air Purifier India Review
- Atlanta Healthcare Beta 350 7-Stage Purification
- Philips 3000 Series AC3256 AeraSense Air Purifier Review
- Atlanta Healthcare Alfa 351 5-Stage Purification
- MI Air Purifier 2 Review
- Panasonic F-PXF35MKU(D) 20-Watt Air Purifier
- Air pollution:
- Things we can do to Control Air Pollution at our Home
|Product||Buy Now||CADR||Star Ratings|
|Philips 1000 Series AC1215||270 m3/hour||3.6|
|Philips AC4025||270 m3/hour||4|
|Philips 2000 Series||333 m3/hour||4.4|
|Gliese Magic Room||140 m3/h||4.4|
|Kent Aura 45-Watt||180 m3/hr||4.0|
|Atlanta Healthcare Beta||170 m3/hr||4.3|
|Philips 3000 Series||367 m3/hr||4.2|
|Atlanta Healthcare||210 m3/hr||3.6|
|MI Air Purifier 2||310 m3/hr||3.7|
|Panasonic F-PXF35||210 m3 / hr||4.5|
Polluting the nature is like digging our own grave. It is not only harmful to the present generation but can pose life-threatening challenges to future generations. So to live a healthy you need the best air purifier for your home. Let’s find out the best from these top 10 best air purifiers comparisons.
What is PM 2.5?
PM Stand for “Particulate matter”, is one of the primary contributors to the air pollution. The particulate matter is nothing but suspended particles (Solid or Liquid) in the Air what we breathe. PM is so small that we can’t even see them. PM 2.5 means It’s 2.5 Micron or less in Diameter which is almost about 30 times less than the diameter of a human hair.
PM 2.5 is so small, When you just inhale Normal Air, They get inside your lungs and constant exposure to this PM 2.5 can be dreadful for your health. Since these particles are invisible, you can’t even notice like other pollutants Constant and High exposure to PM 2.5 for 5 to 7 years can cause Lung cancer. The level of the PM 2.5 goes really high in the winter season. Say, thanks to the Air purifiers, at least we can breathe pure Air at our home.
Types of Air Purifiers And How They Work?
Before trying to determine the best air purifier, let’s review the various types of air purifiers available in the market.
- Whole house air purifiers: Best suited for people with severe respiratory medical conditions such as allergy, the whole house air purifiers is the air purifier for home. They cover a larger area when it comes to cleaning. However, they don’t do a thorough job. They are usually installed to the inner workings of cooling or heating system along with power supply and requires a professional to perform the installation.
- HEPA Filters: HEPA filters are the High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestance. They are popular for their efficiency of removing at least 99.97% of air particles by pulling the air into its mesh. Used alongside most air cleaners and purifiers, they can also be used with vacuum cleaners.
- Ion and Ozone Generators: Used in occupied rooms, ozone is hazardous to health. Helpful in reducing few allergies from mold, smoke, dust and pollen. Capable of producing over 3 Gms of Ozone per hour, they are effective in removing smoke odor in vacant rooms.
- Activated Carbon Filters: Used alongside HEPA, or any other filters, they absorb the impurities present in air. Oxygen in the activated carbon filters creates openings to pull gases, vapors as well as odors. Those activated carbon filters that contain chemical chemisorbent can also pull Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
- Electrostatic Precipitators: With functionality similartos that of ion and Ozone generators, Electrostatic Precipitators remove impurities by collecting them on a metal plate that can be cleaned. Electrostatic Precipitators are equally harmful as Ozone generators as they too generate ozone that is not good for respiratory system.
- Whole –House Air Filter: Considering the fact that the Whole-House Air Filter does not require installation by professional, they are easy to operate and less expensive. However, they don’t perform a thorough job as that of their counterparts.
- Anti-bacterial and Germicidal Filters: Anti-bacterial and Germicidal Filters sometimes use UV rays to eliminate germs and bacteria. They can be used alone or alongside HEPA Filters and they can extremely helpful in making the air bacteria and germ free.
- Charged Media Filters: Known for trapping microscopic particles, functionality wise they are similar to electrostatic precipitators except that they use plates instead of filters. Since they produce Ozone, they are not advised for people with respiratory issues.
- Portable Air purifiers: Weighing less and being less expensive, they are easy to carry and are known to clean only one room. A portable air purifier used alongside HEPA has a probability of removing 99.97% particles from the air.
We are digging our graves ourselves but we can stop all these by using less resources per person since there is a huge population in India. If you are purchasing Air Purifier then you should also install a water Purifier in your home.
The performance of a particular air purifier model is rated by its coverage area, Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) and Air Changes Per Hour (ACH). While brands will boast about the CADR and coverage of a particular air purifier model, they will choose to remain silent on the ACH. This is something you should ask and find out before buying an air purifier. Grab the best air purifier in india. Check air purifier price
What is ACH?
Air Changes Per Hour (ACH) is fundamentally how frequently an air purifier can clean the air of its asserted range area in 60 minutes. This is vital on the grounds that poisons continually go into your room and the air purifier needs to always clean the air. Given the contamination levels in Delhi, decide on the best air purifier in India which offers 4 ACH. This implies the air purifier is fit for cleaning the air of the whole guaranteed range four times in an hour or like clockwork the air inside is totally relaced.
Air Purifier Buying Guide
The air purifiers market is expected to cross $59 billion by 2021. Most of the sales of air purifiers come from patients who suffer from long term respiratory issues such as asthma. Our air purifier reviews objective is to provide a 3600 information associated with air purifier so that our readers are provided with all round information associated with air purifiers and are capable enough to not only determine the best air purifier in India but also determine and identify the best air purifier for home.
The air inside home tends to be more impure than air outside. The air vents inside the house are limited and flow of air from inside the house to the outside is limited. Also, dust from pets, moisture, and pollen add to the existing impurities in the air inside the house and tend to remain for a longer period of time. So, let’s move on to understand the factors that one needs to consider while buying an air purifier.
A few features of an air purifier are not totally fundamental, but rather can be viewed as ‘decent to haves’. An air filter life indicator is, for instance, an extremely helpful feature to have. The air filter life pointer will notify you when the filters should be changed. Supplanting the air filters at the required time will guarantee the air purifier is executing as it ought to and shields the fan from being harmed.
Mobility/Casters: Unfortunately, there is no good air purifier that is sufficiently little to fit in the palm of your hand and can be conveyed effortlessly. Why not? All things considered, there are certain limits to the material science of what is conceivable. You would not expect a clothes washer the extent of a toaster to have the capacity to do a legitimate heap of clothing. Thus, you ought not to expect an air purifier the extent of a toaster to have the capacity to move enough air to have the capacity to legitimately purify and arrived at the midpoint of size room. Casters can help make it significantly simpler to move your air purifier around the house, especially if you have a unit that can deal with a lot of air. Handles are also helpful, as it empowers you to effectively lift the unit starting with one room then onto the next.
Remote Control: Allows you to easily control and change the settings of the air purifier from a comfortable distance, increasing accessibility.
Filter Availability: Unfortunately, we see it all the time that even the huge organizations with commonly recognized names make air purifiers without giving a certification to what extent you will have the capacity to buy substitution air filters. Once the unit is not offering admirably any longer, or they feel the time has come to “update” it and change its looks and features, the model and the creation of the replacement air filters for it being stopped.
Timer Settings: Turning the unit on and off during times of the day/week enables you to save energy and prolong the air filter life.
Multiple Fan Speeds: Alter the speed setting to your preference, to suit your indoor pollution level or sound preference.
The size of covering area: Various factors influence the size of covering an area of the air purifier. If the pollution level inside the room is high, the capability of purifying the air decreases. Fan speed plays a vital role in purifying the air. The higher the fan speed, the more the area of coverage of air cleaning. Air purifiers that are capable of dispersing negative ions with the help of ionizers that are present in them are more effective in cleaning the air. However, on the downside, they may discharge ozone gas that is harmful to the respiratory tract. Hence, while determining the best air purifier, you have to check the size of area that air purifier is capable of cleaning.
Objective of the air purifier: Air purifiers largely vary based on the type of pollutants it removes from the air. So, let’s review some of the air filters based on the type of objective they achieve:
For removing dust, pollen and dander etc.: Made out of highly fibrous and highly absorbent material, HEPA filters are highly effective in removing 99.97% of particles from the air. HEPA Filters with germicidal UV lamp are more effective in not only absorbing the particles but also in killing the captured microbes.
For removing cigarette smoke pollution: When it comes to purifying the air from cigarette smoking, the air purifier needs to perform three jobs. One is to eliminate the strong cigarette odor from air, the second to remove the smoke particulate and finally to clean the air from chemical vapors. Air purifier with activated carbon filter and ionization is highly effective to perform the job of purifying air from cigarette smoke pollution.
Strong odors: Certain chemical compounds such as VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) produced by synthetic chemicals and bacteria are the most common cause of strong odors. An air purifier that have activated carbon filter alongside programmable sanitizer or photocatalytic oxidation filter are the best to eliminate strong odors from the air.
Budget: The price of air purifiers can vary from Rs.5000 to Rs.60000 upwards. Many factors such as area of coverage, type of filter, sensors present in the air purifier largely impact the cost of the air purifier. Hence, based on your budget, you can either go for the expensive ones or the less expensive ones.
Noise: Motor present in the electronic air purifiers, draw the air inside and clean the air. Negative ion and ozone generator air purifiers come supplied with fan and they are less noisy. Some of the brands provide silent mode setting which makes them virtually silent. Hence, if you are planning to buy an air purifier for a bedroom then probably, you may have to take the noise factor into consideration.
Top 10 Best Air Purifiers Reviews
Philips 1000 Series AC1215/20 Air Purifier
- The new Philips AC1215-20 Air Purifier utilizes the NanoProtect HEPA filter and air filters out up to 99.9% of the infections and the Bacteria.
- It additionally filters out the PM2.5 level contamination exhibit in the air and furthermore helps in the effective purification of the Cigarette smoke from the air. Much more, the propelled Philips AC1215-20 offers Real-Time Air Quality Feed Back utilizing the 4-stage shading.
- best air purifier in india shows the allergen and the molecule level, where the Blue shading remains for the great and the Red shading remains for the terrible. Go through top 10 air purifiers in India
- Also, this Philips air Purifier accompanies the Fan Speed Indicators i.e. 1, 2, 3 – Turbo, which helps you in the modified utilization of the air purifier. This is one of the best air purifier in India. Check air purifier price.
Philips AC4025 40 -Watt Air Purifier
- Philips AC4025/10 Air Purifier brings about a quiet and effective operation.
- At the point when in Sleep Mode, the philips air purifier changes to lower action level, decreased fan speed and lessened commotion level individually.
- In the Sleep Mode, this philips air purifier by Philips also brings about limited energy utilization. philips air purifier works at just 36 dB.
- Even, when the fan keeps running at the most elevated speed settings, the philips air purifier works at 54 dB however and still, at the end of the day philips air purifierguarantees a quiet operation.
- Philips AC4025/10 Air Purifier guarantees that you generally get outside air to relax. This exceptionally advanced Healthy Air Protect Alert discloses to you when there is a need to change the filter of this best air purifier in india. Check air purifier price
Philips 2000 Series AeraSense AC2887 Air Purifier Review
- Incorporating the productive and progressed VitaShield IPS Technology, the new Philips AC2887/20 Air Purifier India mi air purifier offers a tidy air conveyance rate of up to 344 m³/hr.
- best air purifier in india comprises of the Aerodynamic Architecture that lifts the proficiency of the air stream and helps this Philips Air Purifier India successfully diminishing the unsafe gasses like Formaldehyde, TVOC.
- best air purifier in india also expels the ultra-fine particles as little as 20mm alongside the microorganisms and the infection by up to 99.9 %.
Gliese Magic Room Air Purifier, 5-Stage Air Filtration
- The Ionizer makes Magic an ace room air purifier.
- It ensures double protection as it goes about releasing small but intense electric fields which react with positively charged elements in air, neutralizing microbes such as mold spores, viruses, and germs in the air.
- These neutralized particles either fall on the floor or get filtered. The compact is one of the silent-most air purifier India which does not only work quietly but its science in every millimeter ensures it works intelligently.
- Magic takes the surrounding air from every angle, processes the pollutant from every side and then disperses it evenly across the room. T
- he shape of the best air purifier in india determines fast and equal distribution of clean air. Check air purifier price
Kent Aura 45-Watt Room Kent Air Purifier India Review
- Protect your relatives from taking in the dirtied air by bringing home kent air purifier for home. kent air purifier air cleaner expels smell, unsafe gasses, tidy particles and sand particles from the air.
- This kent air purifier has easy to understand plan and filter change indicator. It is reasonable for a room up to 270 sq. ft. This is our kent air purifier review
- Kent Air purifier India accompanies a predominant HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestor) technology that viable expels 99.9% of contamination like Particulate Matter (PM 2.5), tidy, pet hair, formaldehyde, tobacco smoke and so on.
- kent air purifier is the favored decision with regards to quality, productivity, technology, and style.
Atlanta Healthcare Beta 350 7-Stage Purification
- iCluster Technology is Atlanta Healthcare’s special air puriﬁcation technology which concentrates on annihilating different toxins show in the earth.
- There are different contaminations in the air that affect human wellbeing changing from gasses, particulates, microscopic organisms, infection, notice, smoke and other hurtful suspended particles. A solitary ﬁltration technology can’t annihilate all toxins in the air.
- For powerful puriﬁcation, multi-arrange ﬁltration advancements need to work couple. Atlanta Healthcare’s iClusterTM Technology gives help from contaminations in totality, utilizing synchronized multi-organize insightful ﬁltration to give immaculate air.
- This is one of the best air purifier in India
Philips 3000 Series AC3256 AeraSense Air Purifier Review
- The new Philips AC3256-20 philips Air Purifier utilizes the NanoProtect HEPA and AC filter and filters out up to 99.9% of the infections and the Bacteria.
- best air purifier in india additionally filters out the PM2.5 level contamination display in the air and furthermore helps in the productive purification of the Cigarette smoke from the air.
- Considerably more, the propelled Philips AC3256-20 offers Real Time Air Quality Feed Back utilizing the 4-stage shading ring and the numerical PM2.5 indicator.
- In addition, this Philips air Purifier for home accompanies the Fan Speed Indicators i.e. 1, 2, 3 – Turbo, which helps you in the tweaked use of the Philips air purifier for home.
- The 2 m long string adds to its advantageous utilization. IThis best air purifier in india joins 2 years gurantee. This is one of the best air purifier in India
Atlanta Healthcare Alfa 351 5-Stage Purification
- Any office that does not oversee air trade satisfactorily is inclined to high indoor stickiness that prompts shape development.
- In winters, lacking ventilation offers ascend to both humidity and moistness. Bring down ventilation also prompts high convergence of indoor air poisons emerging from different sources.
- Without attractive air trade, the air poisons may bring about intense wellbeing dangers to the inhabitants. Also, without satisfactory ventilation, immaculate air is not coursed inside the workplace and the grouping of air contaminations continue rising.
- The outside natural air brings an enormous measure of oxygen which thusly diminishes the level of microbes inside the workplace.
MI Air Purifier 2 Review
- Your house is loaded with hidden unsafe substances.
- Dispose of these polluting influences with this mi air purifier India. Outfitted with a 360-degree triple layer round and hollow filter, made out of a PET essential filter, ultra-thick EPA filter, and enacted Carbon filter, this mi air purifier for home takes in air from all headings and filters out formaldehyde, terrible scent, and other destructive substances.
- This Mi air purifier 2, enlivened by the aircraft motors, makes high air weight and offers bigger course which pumps clean air and disperses it to each side of your home so you can breathe in crisp immaculate air.
Panasonic F-PXF35MKU(D) 20-Watt Air Purifier
- nanoe has the attributes of expelling hydrogen from infections, microbes, scents and allergens. The viability of infection evacuation relies on upon the quantity of OH radical.
- With a nano new gadget that creates at a high rate of 480 billion every second, the higher the viability of the counter essential power.
- 6 times longer lifespan than ordinary particle nanoe has a lifespan of 6 times longer than a typical article and it contains dampness around 1,000 times to short particles.
Air pollution is one of the forms of pollution that occurs when harmful substances including chemical and biological are released into earth’s atmosphere. These harmful substances that are released into the air are called pollutants and they can cause severe allergies, diseases, and death in few cases. Air pollution can not only cause harm to humans but can equally be harmful to other living beings. They can also severely affect food crops. Multiple human activities and certain natural processes can cause air pollution.
Air pollutants and their impact:
Some of the major produced by human activity are carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxides, and carbon monoxide etc. Various human activities such as burning fossil fuels in vehicles, power plants etc. release chemicals that can cause pollution. These are aerosols that are a major cause of heart disease and lung infection including lung cancer.
Indoor Air Pollution:
Improper ventilation within the residences can cause indoor air pollution. While improper ventilation prevents the free flow of air which permits pollutants to remain inside the house, burning of incense sticks, spraying chemicals can introduce pollutants into the air that is present indoors. Apart from chemical pollutants, there could be various other types of pollutants such as dander from pets, dust from decomposed hair etc. Biological pollutants such as microbes and bacteria that inhabit the air conditioning system are also a major cause of indoor air pollution.
Impacts of air pollution:
Air pollution can cause serious health issues including death. As per WHO (World Health Organization) estimation in 2014, air pollution causes the premature death of 7 million people across the globe. India tops the list with the highest death rate due to air pollution among all nations. Air pollution can lead to cardiovascular diseases, lung diseases, and cancer. Air pollution can severely impact the functioning of the central nervous system. Children are the worst effected by air pollution. As per a leading European study, continuous exposure to ultrafine particles can increase blood pressure in children.
Things we can do to Control Air Pollution at our Home
1Most of the power generated in India is via Thermal Plants where they burn coal which is a major source for PM 2.5 and many other pollutants.
2You can replace your Traditional Home Lights with LED lights that consume a lot less power, and you can also save some money.
3If you are living in an Individual house, Do plant some trees. Also, If you Apartments have a balcony, Do plant some trees. These are the tiny things that we can do to control the Air pollution.
4You might think It’s not significant. But, If Lakhs of us start planting trees at our home, then it can be a positive change.
If you have any queries regarding Best Air Purifiers in India for 2017, Post them in the comments section below, and I’ll respond to them.