If one is planning to buy a new air cooler and is confused about how to select the best air cooler in India, then this article can surely help you out in choosing the best air cooler for you. One must be thinking which air cooler is the best for use. A thorough research has been done in order to guide the consumers for buying the best air cooler.
Air coolers are one of the essential appliances and have gathered a huge popularity in the recent times. It is trending during the summer days in India. Places like Delhi, Rajasthan, Hyderabad, Gujarat etc; have very hot summer season and to stay alive and survive the hot weather, an air cooler is much needed. There are several different brands and types of room cooler available in the market and it is very difficult for a person to choose one among all. However, to choose the best air coolers dependson your requirements. You need to know how to choose the best cooler in India and for that here we have a detailed guide on that and also reviews on the top 10 best air coolers in India.
In this post, I’ll show you the 10 best air coolers in India that you can buy online. Here is an overview:
Our Picks for Top Air Coolers in India
When I searched for an air cooler to buy, I was overwhelmed by so much choices. I researched for more than a week and found the best air coolers in India. Most of the other sites just list the bestseller products in a hurry. Always remember: “A bestseller product is not always the best; and the best product is not always a bestseller”.
So I always take the specifications, reviews, recommendations, etc to find the best product. So in this post, I have written the list of top 10 air coolers in India you can buy right now.
- Capacity: 12 liters; Coverage Area: Ideal for room size up to 12 square meters
- Cooling Media: Highly-effective honeycomb cooling pads, powerful blower and cool flow dispenser ensures superior cooling
- Technology: Powered by i-pure technology with multistage air purification filters such as allergy filter, bacteria filter, smell filter, PM 2.5 wash filter, and dust filter that delivers fresh and filtered...
- Powerful Pump: The exclusive dura-pump of Diet 12T ensures the longevity of the pump
- Control Panel: Easy to use dial knob controls for fan speed, cooling, and swing settings
Top 10 Best Air Coolers in India Reviews
A perfect compact solution for summers, Symphony Diet is an efficient appliance for day-to-day usage. The fan of the cooler works efficiently and the speed can be altered between high, medium and low as per your requirement. The cost-effective appliance lets you enjoy summers in a cooler way.
Symphony Diet air cooler uses dura pump technology which enhances its durability and ensures a long-lasting life. The high quality honeycomb cooling pads of the cooler ensures better cooling. The compact, multi-functional device has wheels which makes it easy to revolve around your place. The best part about these coolers is that it can run on inverter as well. It ensures that your home will remain cool during power cut as well. Symphony, known as best air cooler brand has following features.
- Dimensions: The dimensions of the air cooler are 30 x 84.5 x 33 cm. The fan diameter is 18 cm and it weighs around 7.7 kg.
- Water capacity: The water tank can hold up to 12 liter of water in one go.
- Coverage area: The white colored 12-litre cooler can cover an area of 100 square feet.
- Power consumption: It consumes a power of 170W.
- Other features: The air cooler includes special features like mosquito and dust net, auto louver movement, multi-directional castor wheels and ice chamber.
What are Air Coolers?
Air coolers are electric appliances which cool air through the evaporation of water. They work by using water, stored in an internal water tank, to supply a filter that the hot air is drawn through and subsequently cooled before being returned to the room. Typically they will lower the room temperature by 2 to 3 degrees.
Advantages of Air Coolers
They are relatively cheaper and cost effective than ACs. They are usually in every man’s budget. They consume less power which helps in saving electricity expenses. They are easy to install and don’t need servicing unlike ACs.
They are portable. The best thing I like about air coolers is that they don’t emit CFCs and other harmful gases into the environment thus don’t add to global warming. Air coolers are your best bet if you live in a hot and dry place. However, if you live in a humid place, then go with an air conditioner.
What to look for in an Air Cooler
While buying an air cooler, one should keep in mind that size of the air cooler matters a lot. One should select the air cooler depending on their size of the room. Also, one should know about the features of air cooler before buying.
Air cooler should be positioned in front of the window. If the air is hotter, the evaporation is faster. Thus, cooler air is blown out by the fan. In order to create good ventilation in the room, the humidity needs to be pushed out. The windows of the room must be open for this purpose. But one should take care that they aren’t opened too wide because it will only result in an increase in room temperature.
Adding ice to the water is also an effective way to increase the efficiency of cooling. There are ice compartments in some coolers for this purpose. The pads get cooler by adding ice to the water. Hence, cool air passes through them. This is only effective if one is seated at a very close distance to the cooler. Ice won’t help on a long run for decreasing the humidity or temperature in the room. The addition of too much ice can also result in slowing down of the evaporation process. So, one must understand when to put ice cubes in the air cooler. When the temperature is at its peak, the ice will prove to be effective. It’s important to take good care of the air cooler.
One must clean the cooling pads of the cooler for a good performance. The cooling pads collect pollen and dust over time, hence it is important to clean them. They should be cleaned once in a week with the help of a brush.If the dust accumulated on the cooling pad is too much, it would be ideal to get them replaced. It is very important to keep the water tank clean. One should make sure that there aren’t any leaks. Frequently cleaning the fan blades will ensure that the air coolers will be at the highest efficiency. The air cooler should be serviced regularly so that it would last for a long time.
A way to ensure instant cooling is by letting the pump run when the tank is being filled with water. The water will run through the cooling pads by the pump. This allows them to soak water beforehand. After the tank is full, you can run the fan. After turning it on, it would help the air cooler in the cooling process. The efficiency of the air conditioning can also be increased by other things too. For avoiding the heat from entering the room, the drapes must be shut. Lights and other appliances should also be switched off. The air cooler must be installed in the right way for effective cooling.
Types of Air coolers
The desert cooler and room cooler are the 2 types of an air cooler. Both types of coolers work in the same way. But there are some features which set them apart.
It takes in the air from outside and is usually fitted outside a window. The Fan in Desert cooler is used as an exhaust. But it requires more power, water, and space compared to room air coolers. If one is looking for an air cooler to combat extreme heat, then the desert cooler will be an ideal option.
It is less powerful than the desert cooler. It is placed on a trolley for moving it around. It is kept inside the room. The air is forced out by the fan in this cooler. The Room cooler is ideal for small rooms, this type of air coolers are generally used in households.
Now, one must have obtained the knowledge about selecting the best air cooler for their household. Why wait then? You should definitely consider buying an air cooler now. The air cooler is a technological invention made to have cool air in a room, office, shop or any area. One should be able to blend in with the modern world of technology. The air cooler is a very useful invention and everyone must make use of it.
If one is looking for the best air cooler brand, then you can look into the list we have provided below. If you are planning to buy something new this year, it can be a new car, television, mobile or anything which provides satisfaction or saves time. So why not buy a new air cooler this year? Assuming that you have decided to buy a new air cooler, then you can consider buying the best air cooler in India 2018. So here are the top 10 Best Air coolers in India.
How to Choose the Best Air Cooler?
- Speed Settings – More the number of speed settings on the air cooler, the more control you will have.
- Tank size – It is the size of the water tank in litres, which has to be kept filled. The larger the tank, the longer the air cooler can run without needing water.
- Timer – It gives the control over the amount of time that the appliance is turned on.
- Remote Control – It helps in ease of use so you don’t have to go to cooler every time to change the settings.
Buying Guide for Air Coolers:
- Air Coolers come in many variations, the first and the foremost thing to consider while buying these air coolers is your own requirement and then choosing the right type of air cooler. If you have a large area to cool the desert air coolers would be the best pick.
- Features: Once you have decided your need and the type of cooler you want now look out for the features of the specific type of air coolers. Features that might need your attention are, thickness of the cooler pad, automatic water level indicator, speed variations, automatic shutoff dampers and finally go for the air cooler with remote control.
- Size: When seeking to buy an air cooler, go for the one which suits your requirement the best. Big isn’t always better. If you have a small space to cool go for portable multi functionality air coolers.
- Once you are mentally set with the type, features and size of the coolers, it’s time for you to decide the brand. The market is flooded with duplicate brands as well as local products, which might lure you for their prices, but we would suggest you not to compromise on quality for price. So be wise and opt for a trusted brand.
Air cooler features
There are so many terms on knowing air cooler add on features. Here is short summary on the commonly used terminology.
Ice cube tray
You can keep the ice cubes in the top tray of air cooler. Slowly when ice melts, the ice water gets added to the water tank.
Air cooler compatible with inverter
Many people mention this as saying that air cooler consumes very less powers so it even can run on the inverter. Air coolers consume very less electricity like 120 watts to 180 watts. Say you have lights and fan which consume 200 watts then buying 600 VA inverter is sufficient. Buying 900 VA inverter is more than enough.
Remote control feature
Just like AC, you can change or alter air cooler functionality using remote control.
Variable speed control knob
You can alter fan speed using this button, you can alter to low speed or high speed.
Water level indicator
As name suggest the water level indicator tells you whether water tank is filled or not. It is very helpful while filling the water. The indicator made of manually.
Tower air coolers
Make sure air cooler matches the aesthetics of your room. Tower air coolers are the latest buzz with new design trend in the market. Tower air coolers not only offer the new design but also save lot of floor space.
Multi-functional wheels or Castor wheels make it easy to move air cooler from one room to another room, making it very portable.
Empty tank alarm
When the water level is dropped below the required level, you can hear alarm indicating the lower water level. This feature is available in high end air coolers. This is very helpful, as running the air cooler without water may damage the air cooler motor. This feature is usually available in high end air coolers only.
Air cooler without water
This is the recent in buzz in air cooler industry. If a air cooler can run without water, then there is no need of extra water motor and large water tank, so making it very economical. Apart from that, if you are living in water scared place it can be great feature. This can be achieved by pushing air from large area to small exit, just like blowing from your mouth. Because of this change of pressure you can get cool air. But the effectiveness of cooling is very limited. There are very few models available online in India. They technology needs to be improved a lot to be well accepted as mainstream usage.
Air cooler usage guidelines
- In the beginning of summer, before you start using the cooler it is better to clean it off the cooler very well.
- The windows of the room or door should be open to make the air cooler functioning correctly. If you close all the doors and windows then humidity in the air increases and air cooler stop functioning.
- Cover the air cooler if you are not using it.