Our skin works to protect us from harmful ultraviolet radiation, we should use sunscreen to protect us from damaging UV rays. Wearing sunscreen is one of the best and easiest ways to protect your skin’s appearance and health at any age. Used regularly, sunscreen helps prevent sunburn, skin cancer and premature aging. Even on cloudy days, our skin is susceptible to the sun’s rays which can lead to skin cancer, discoloration, and wrinkles over time. We should make best sunscreen a part of your daily morning routine to protect your skin from harmful UV rays as Dermatologists suggested.
List Of The 10 Best Sunscreens In India
No products found.
No products found.
- Superior sun protection sunblock - SPF 50 & PA +++
- Unique water-based sunscreen lotion - light weight and quick absorbing
- Non-oily and non-sticky; Enriched with kaolin clay & lemon extract - gives a clear matte look
- Dermatologically tested and paraben free
- TarUnisex Adult
- BROAD SPECTRUM UV PROTECTION-This sunscreen combo offers broad-spectrum protection from harmful UVA & UVB rays. It helps protect skin from premature aging, pigmentation, discoloration, and redness.
- INSTANT BB LOOK-The tinted texture of this sunscreen spreads evenly and gives your face an instant BB Glow.
- INFUSED WITH NATURAL EXTRACTS- Infused with Birch, Mallow, and Hops' natural goodness, it prevents skin damage by neutralizing the free radicals.
- MATTE LOOK- The sunscreen has a lightweight, matte formulation that does not leave behind any white cast.
- SUITABLE FOR DAILY USE- The lightweight and non-greasy formulation makes it suitable for daily sun exposures.
No products found.
- Nourishing & Hydrating Sunscreen: The Biotique sunscreen with pure honey, wheatgerm and seaweed helps reduce natural oils and replenishes lost moisture.
- Pure ingredients for a glowing complexion: This moisturizer keeps the skin soft, glowing and tightens pores as it contains the goodness of wild turmeric, neam leaves, and morning nectar.
- Ensures flawless skin: The sun protect moisturizer softens and brightens the skin for a noticeably fairer complexion while protecting it with SPF 30 UVA / UVB.
- Helps remove blemishes: This Biotique Morning Nectar Moisturizer helps improve uneven skin tone. It also prevents dark spots and blackheads and provides visible flawless skin.
- Method of application: The sun protect lotion is suitable for all skin types. All you must do is generously apply it over your cleansed face and neck 30 minutes before sun exposure.
No products found.
No products found.
- PROTECTS AGAINST UVA & UVB RAYS Effective protection against harmful UVA & UVB rays for as long as upto 6 hours. The hardworking ingredients in the sunscreen don't let the harmful sunrays penetrate your...
- SPF 50+++ , SPF 50 provides sufficient protection for your skin, in the form of a protective layer on skin from both UVA & B rays.
- FOR INDIAN SKIN : The lotion is suitable for indian skin tones. It get easily absorbed and can be used under make up too.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES: It is perfect for all skin type as it is non- sticky as well as moisturising. It is non comedogenic and hence suits acne prone skin as well.
- NATURAL & CERTIFIED TOXIN FREE Dermatologically Tested Hypoallergenic Free from Sulfates, Paraben, SLS, Mineral Oil, Petroleum, Artificial Preservatives, Colors & Fragrances.
- Provides natural sun safety, Vitamin B5, C and E
- Prevents visible signs of aging
- Heals scars and mattify the skin
- Promotes elasticity and provide smart sun protection
Frequently Asked Questions About Purchasing A Sunscreen
What SPF is best for Indian skin?
“For Indian skin, any sunscreen containing SPF 15 and above is preferred. The difference between SPF 15 and 50 is minimal. Sunscreens with higher SPF ratings block slightly more UVB rays, but none offers 100 percent protection.We need to select the right SPF for our skin. Depending on the skin types we should select properly. For Indian skin types SPF 15, 20 to 35 are suitable they give 93 to 97% protection. SPF 50 blocks about 98% of UVB rays which can be counted as almost complete protection. We need to apply sunscreen every 2–3 hours to protect our skin irrespective of its range.
How to choose the best sunscreen for your face?
- For the Indian Weather, choose a sunscreen that has an SPF of 35-50. Ideally SPF 15 blocks 93% of UVB rays, SPF 30 blocks 97% of UVB rays, and SPF 50 blocks 98% of UVB rays.
- The PA rating also matters the most as it denotes UVA protection. Choose one that has at least +++ or more.
- Physical sunscreen is said to be the ideal choice for sensitive skin types, as they are less irritating. These are known to leave a white cast. But then we have advanced formulas that tend to leave a minimal white cast.
- Chemical sunscreens on the other hand have better spreadability and skin feel, but the common chemical filters are known to be potential carcinogens and hormonal disruptors. Well, we do have advanced chemical filters like the Tinosorb S that are tested to be safe for our skin and body.
- The key is to analyze the ingredient list thoroughly before making a purchase. Try to skip chemical filters like Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, Homosalate, and make sure that your sunscreen has one or two antioxidants like Green Tea.
- Unlike other skincare products like moisturizers and serums, we do not want our sunscreen to penetrate deep into our skin. It is ideal to choose one that says to be “non-penetrative”. Usually, physical sunscreen does not get absorbed into the skin and sits on top reflecting the harmful rays. You could also use an aloe gel before your sunscreen for it to be less penetrative.
- Sunscreens should be majorly considered as a protection against rays. Sunscreens do prevent sunburns to a great extent, but they do not always prevent tanning. You should cover yourself if you choose to go under direct sunlight for long hours to prevent tanning.
- One thing that most of them do wrong with sunscreen is applying a pea-sized amount of it as that covers the whole face. But guess what, Applying a little of the sunscreen is equal to “No sunscreen “ at all. You should slather on the sunscreen. Typically one should use ¼ teaspoon of sunscreen for one’s face for it to be effective. It is for this reason that I prefer to go for sunscreens that have light gel-based formulas. If you choose thicker formulas, then it’s going to be heavy on the skin.
- Sunscreens should be applied to the skin gently. You shouldn’t be rubbing them hard. Take your sunscreen on three of your middle fingers. Press them together on both your hands and gently swipe them on your face starting on your cheeks and then pat it gently until the sunscreen disappears from the skin’s surface. You could use gentle circular motions if the formula is thicker.
- In the case of chemical sunscreens, it is best to apply your sunscreen before 20 minutes of direct sun exposure. Physical sunscreens tend to work immediately after application.
- Lastly, sunscreens should be re-applied every 2 to 3 hours irrespective of sun exposure. By each hour, the effectiveness of the sunscreen goes down, so re-apply it. It is not necessary to wash off your face or remove makeup before re-application, you can just layer it above them.
Which sunscreen do dermatologists recommend?
Dermatologists generally recommend sunscreen with all-spectrum protection with a minimum SPF of 30. All the 10 sunscreens listed above are clinically proven and tested by dermatologists.