Best Air Purifier in India For Home: With the increase in the vehicles present on the road, the emissions have certainly reached a level that is pretty lethal and the data might be pretty disturbing. Therefore, the air outside your house isn’t safe to breathe in since it has been infested with loads of air pollutants that can give rise to deadly respiratory diseases and breathing problems at the least.You simply can’t neglect the need for breathing Clean and Pure Air.In this post we have listed Top 10 Best Air Purifiers in India.
An air purifier is a device that sucks in all the air from your setting, removes the dirt and pollutants, and then discharges clean and breathable air. Not only yours, installing an air purifier at your home, is going to help your whole family ward off those lethal respiratory diseases and ailments. So, invest in a quality air purifier from our listing and keep the air-borne diseases at bay!
There are many air purifiers available on the market. Phillips is the market leader in this sector. Let us review some of the best air purifiers in India.
List of Top 10 Best air purifires in India
- Vitashield Intelligent purification automatically senses air quality and products Effective Filtration Size (in microns) >= 0.02 and for 0.3+ microns is 99.97%, 800 times smaller than PM 2.5
- Purifies a standard room in just 12 minutes with a CADR of 270 m3/hour (Standard room size is 18 ft by 12 ft with an 8 ft ceiling height). Recommended room area: 226-333 sq ft.
- 4 Stage Filtration process through pre filter, activated carbon filter & double layered H13 Grade TRUE HEPA Filter
- Coway is No.1 Brand in the world for Air Purifiers | Coway Air Purifiers are 100% made in Korea; Air Purifier Type- Sleek Air Purifier; Air Purifying Method: Green Anti-flu True HEPA Technology | Reddot...
- Coverage Area: 355 sq. ft / 33 sq. mtrs. (Air Purifiers Most Suitable for Bed Rooms, Small Offices) | Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): 303 cubic m/hr (CADR is Volume of fresh, clean air delivered in an...
- Unique Air Filtration Process- Pre Filter, Patented Urethane Carbon Filter (To Deodorize the air), Multi Layered Anti-Flu Green True HEPA Filter effectively traps PM2.5 particles allowing only clean air to...
- Air Purifier Type - Room; Purification method - High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestant (HEPA) filter type
- Coverage area: 441 sq. ft, suitable for bedroom / living room (large), Air quality sensor(s): Aerasense PM2.5 sensor
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): 333 m3/hr; CADR indicates the volume of purified air (in cubic mtrs) which an air purifier produces every hour. The clean air delivery rate (CADR) is 200 m³/h
- True HEPA Filter with filtration efficiency of 99.97% for particle size up to 0.3 microns
- OLED touch Display (Shows real time PM2.5 concentration, Temperature and humidity, Wi-Fi connection and Working mode)
- Smart app control, Rated Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Manufacturer warranty only applicable on products sold by seller "Dyson India". No other seller offers manufacturer warranty from brand Dyson in India
- Intelligent Purification; Automatically removes 99.95% of allergens & pollutants as small as PM 0.1 (0.1 microns) including dust, pollen, mold spores, bacteria, pet dander, VOCs and other harmful...
- Air Multiplier technology and oscillation feature to powerfully project and circulate purified air throughout the room. Cord length : 1.9m
- PM2.5 display and color indicator to keep you up to date with quality of Air
- 3 stage filtration process with Pre filter, HEPA H11 filter and activated Carbon filter
- 4 fan speed to adjust the air flow
- Removes pollutants, allergens, bad smell, moisture. Prevents moulds and mildew.
- Lasts for over 1 Year. Light weight and compact. Can be used in places with no charging point.
- Significantly affordable than electric air purifiers and conventional air fresheners.
- SensAir Technology and Microbe sterilize; 1 to 24 Hour setting on the Digital Timer for setting a time preferred by user to switch the device on our off
- PM2.5 Numeric Display
- True HEPA and Formaldehyde removal+Cold Catalyst filters
- True HEPA Filter with filtration efficiency of 99.97 percent for particle size up to 0.3 microns
- 360 Degree Air Intake for efficient filtration
- Best in class CADR of 350 m3/h
- Nano protect true HEPA3 filter, This covers an unfolded area of about 2m2 to ensure a long lifetime
- The reassurance of 99.97 percent purification with nano protect true HEPA filter
- The nano protect HEPA filter captures 99.97 percent 0.3 micron particles and ultra-fine particles as small as 0.02 microns (over 100 times smaller than PM2.5)
It seems buying an air purifier is now a necessity, and soon every household will probably need to have to get at least one, just like most of us have water purifiers in our kitchens. There are a lot of different factors to consider when buying an air purifier, from the cost, to the design, but the most important is how effective the purifier will be for you.
Himantra spoke to some of the top companies in the market to get tips for buying an air purifier already, and we’d strongly recommend that you read that article so that you have a clear picture of what you need to know. In this article, we are going to compare various offerings from brands that are popular in India, and if you’ve already read the previous article, you can skip the paragraph below and jump straight to the table. Otherwise, read on to get a quick explainer of the different specifications you should consider when buying an air purifier.
Read More >> Top 10 Best Water Heaters in India
Best Air Purifier in India
Philips is a really prevalent brand all over the world and has been recognized to provide the best and innovative products for all the people to make their life easier. The seamless range of air purifiers from Philips have certainly made their presence felt in the Indian Market as well. It comes in with the AeraSense Technology with professional grade sensing technology which is able to cover a room size of up to 851 square feet. The unit is also totally ozone free along with dedicated pollution, allergen, and bacteria auto modes.
- Air Purifier Type – Room; Purification method – High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestant (HEPA) filter type
- Coverage area: 677 sq. ft. / 63 sq. mtrs., especially suitable for bedrooms
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): 270 m3/hr
- Wattage: 11 to 50 watts (lowest to highest fan speed, depending on usage)
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Philips – the No. 1 Brand in Air Purifiers in India (Source: Euromonitor International Ltd; Consumer Appliances 2017ED; retail volume sales in units, 2016 data)
- VitaShield IPS (Intelligent Purification System) Technology with Auto Mode, Allergen Mode & NightSense (automatic light sensing) mode; Certified by AHAM, ECARF and Airmid
- True HEPA Filter – reduces PM2.5 to close to ZERO mcg/m3 & Plasmacluster Ion Technology removes odour and Infections in ACTIVE method from AIR & SURFACE
- Amazing CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) of 480m3/H- best in its class
- Dust Sensors for Monitoring Quality of Air and Auto Restart Function
Combines both ACTIVE & PASSIVE Purification (Offers balanced combination of Ion Generator, HEPA Filter, Active Carbon Filter with Auto Switching & Dust Sensor) from both AIR & SURFACE. No Harmful Ozone, Industry Best CADR of 480m3/H, Suitable for Room Size of 600Sqft. Lowest Noise level, lowest Power consumption and highest CADR!! Package include SHARP FU-A80E-W Air Purifier with True HEPA filter and Activated Carbon Pre-Filter, Operation Manual and quick Guide.
JSB HF122 Air Purifier with Humidifier for Rooms (Grey/Black)
- Air Purifier with Humidifier for Rooms with HEPA Filter, with Remote Control 6 Levels of Filtration with Ionizer and UV Sterilization Area Coverage: 430 sq. ft. / 40 sq. meter
- Perfect for Reading Room, Bedroom, Boardroom or Reception Spare Filters available Online
- Timer Power Consumption: 65W (at maximum fan speed) + 30W for humidifier
- 1 Year National Warranty
- Air Purifier Type – Room; Purification method – High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestant (HEPA) filter type
- Coverage area: 323 sq. ft. / 30 sq. mtrs., suitable for bedroom / living room (medium)
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): 250 m3/hr; CADR indicates the volume of purified air (in cubic mtrs) which an air purifier produces every hour
- Warranty: 1 year on product
- Approximately 3000 hours of filter life, basis the ambient pollution can work for a year if used for 8 hours daily
- Three stage advanced filtration system that removes pollutants with more than 99 percent efficiency; Completely Ozone Free air purifier and does not emit any harmful gases as a by-product of the filtration technology
- Washable pre-filter that removes larger dust particles, pet hair/dander, soil etc.; Combined filter with High-efficiency HEPA and activated carbon filter that removes any microscopic pollutant and allergens above 0.3 microns including PM2.5 and pollens and also removes formaldehyde, toxic gases, VOCs and odour
You can expect the following set of features from a good air purifier in India:
- The area covered – A good air purifier in India should have a robust system, which should have the capacity to purify at least an entire room.
- Effectiveness – The air purifier should be effective, which means, it should solve the purpose of cleaning the air.
- Less Noise – No one prefers to have a device at home which makes continuous humming noises, this is why when buying an air purifier in India you should go for the least noisy one.
- Efficient – There are already many devices at our home which are continuously using a lot of electricity, such as a refrigerator. Installing a power consuming monster would add to our expense, that is why we recommend you to go for an air purifier which is efficient.
- Accessibility – The parts of an air purifier in Indian homes is expected to be easily accessible. There are many filter and fans in air purifiers which help them to purify the air. These purifiers require regular cleaning, and that is why they should be easily accessible so that you can clean them up without any external help.
Installing an air purifier is not enough, we should continue making efforts for a sustainable future. The long-term aim should be eliminating the use of air purifier anywhere in the world.
List of Best Air Purifiers
|Best Air Purifiers 2018||Price|
|Honeywell Air Touch HAC35M1101G Air Purifier||Rs.20,200|
|MI 2 Air Purifier||Rs.8,999|
|Kent Aura Air Purifier||Rs.6,999|
|Kent Alps Air Purifier||Rs.12,995|
|Philips Series 2000 AC2887/20 Air Purifier||Rs.14,995|
|Philips Series 3000 AC3256/20 Air Purifier||Rs.22,079|
|Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower Air Purifier||Rs.29,900|
|Panasonic F-PBJ30ADD Air Purifier||Rs.6,495|
|Panasonic F-PXM55AAD Air Purifier||Rs.20,765|
|JSB HF121 Dust Proof Home Air Purifier, Ionizer and UV Sterilizer with HEPA Filter||Rs.9,999|
Types of Air Purifiers
Here are the 5 common types that will help you be enlightened to which one will the best air purifier for you.
1. HEPA Technology
HEPA which stands for High Efficiency Particulate Air and this has been a known technology for years in filtering particles. It has a standard of catching 99.97% of all particles bigger than 0.3 microns such as chemicals, viruses, and bacteria. This type does not generate harmful byproducts such as ozone.
The only constraint of this is it does not remove foul odors.
2. Activated Carbon Technology
The activated carbon is a granular form that is made of porous material that can absorb large amounts of allergens and contaminants. It was originally used in the year 1900’s to purify water and take the color out of the sugar. But now it is an effective filter capturing chemical emissions, gases, tobacco smoke, and even odors.
This type is most helpful for people with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) because they absorb formaldehyde.
3. UV Technology
UV stands for UltraViolet. This is put together with filter systems to truly remove airborne particles. Air purifiers with this one have a UV lamp installed where microorganisms pass by UV rays and get destroyed. This type converts molecules of oxygen and water found in the air and converts it to ozone and hydroxyl.
The effectiveness of this purifier depends on the wattage of the light and its time of exposure. Most air purifiers that use UV on the starts its filtration with HEPA and activated carbon, and the UV only in the final stage.
4. Negative Ion
Negative ions magnetically attract airborne particles like pollen and dust, until accumulated particle becomes too heavy to remain in the air. This causes the particle to fall and attach itself into another solid item in the area, such as a window or a wall.
Unfortunately, this type is seen to be less effective as it does not have the ability to absorb and eliminate harmful contaminants in the air but only transfer it to another surface.
This simply pumps ozone into the home’s air. Whatever it touches it oxidizes which is a very effective way of killing mold and mildew as well as foul odors in your homes. Its constraint is that it is seen to have some health concerns hence are best used for commercial or emergency purposes only.
Now that we already know the types of air purifiers, we can now move on to the most essential buying reference for you.
How to Find The Best Air Purifier? – Buying Guide
What are the things you need to keep in mind before purchasing the best air purifier for you? Read on below.
1. The purpose at your home
The first thing you need to consider is why you will need one for your home. Is it because a family member has allergies, asthma or you have hypersensitivity to chemicals? Or is the reason simply you want to improve the air quality and create a healthier home.
Noting these things will let you know which features to look for in the air purifier you will be purchasing.
2. Size of Air Purifier
Consider the size of the room where you intend to use the air purifier. Air Purifiers’ effectivity is often measured on the room capacity it can filter, measured in square footage.
3. Exact Location
It is important to decide exactly where you will be putting the air purifier. Will it be in the bedroom, living room or kitchen? Some air purifiers are only limited on what particles they can filter. It will be frustrating to get an air purifier for the kitchen when in fact that can’t filter food particles in the air and it is well suited in the bedroom rather.
Also, if you intend to put it inside your car, you should choose a specific air purifier for that.
4. Air Purifier Maintenance
Every manufacturer has recommended filter change intervals that you need to note. This should be well monitored as the air purifier’s effectivity will depend on that. You must also be aware of the frequency of use of your air purifier so you could anticipate when to change the filter.
You must also be aware of the product’s warranty for your future after sales and maintenance concerns.
As they say the more benefits and features of a product, the more it becomes costly. Hence you need to make sure to know which features you really would need and would want your air purifier to have. Most common are as follows:
- Child Lock
- Remote Controlled
- Air Quality/ Odor Sensor
- Multiple Fan Speeds
- Filter Change Indicator
- Timer Enabled
It is a must for you to note all the guidelines indicated above for you happy selection process.
You’ll never go wrong with any of these best air purifiers that are available in the market. Join its current roster of users who are enjoying the world-class benefits these models are giving.
Frequently Asked Questions About Air Purifiers
Here are the top questions buyers and even users of air purifiers usually ask that are relevant for them to maximize the use of their units.
1. Do all windows and doors need to be closed when using the air purifier at home?
Yes, to maximize the effectivity of the air purifier.
2. Does it come with filters or do they have to be purchased separately?
Yes, it comes with filters. But for the filter replacements, for most air purifiers it is not provided hence you would need to purchase such.
3. Can it be wall mounted?
Usually not, unless otherwise specified in the user’s manual.
4. Can it be used on a larger space than its coverage area capacity indicated?
Yes, but it will no longer be as effective hence is never recommended.
These are just a few questions about air purifiers that would also be useful in your search. Next stop is your favorite, the buying tips!