Best Router Tables Reviews: Precision or budget router table, we have reviewed 15 top router tables about the best in each category versatile enough to suit your suitability matrix!
Your work’s quality depends on your skills, as well as on the tools you use. It’s therefore important that you always use the best possible tools you can in the shop, including the router and its table. With a router securely mounted on its table, you’ll have your two hands completely free, enabling you to produce your best works with maximum concentration and effort.
Routers are one of the most helpful and versatile tools of woodcrafters around the world. Nonetheless, some models are pretty heavy and bulky, so they are mounted on special tables for convenience of use. We have selected the best router tables for your consideration and choice.
All router tables are not equal though, so this best router table review will take you through the router table offers in the market and show you as well, how to make the best choice for your shop.
Router Table Reviews 2018 – Recommendations from Woodworking Expert
Suppose you are doing woodworks as your professional. It does not matter whether you have experienced or a simple newbie. In both cases, you require additional accuracy and support from the router table. If that’s the case, your best choices for router tables are:
Talking about the design and workspace area, Kreg PRS1045 Precision Router Table System is suitable for larger stock pieces. With a surface area of 24” x 32”, you won’t have to worry about space constraints. Even when there is a large piece of wood for routing, you can easily keep your hands and do the routing with precision. Along with this feature, the router table can also collect a larger amount of dust, which keeps the machine cleaner and helps it last longer.
We’d also recommend Kreg PRS1045 Precision Router Table System if you need a versatile machine, despite its somewhat higher price tag. Thanks to the height adjustment system, you can do routing at your levels of convenience. Similarly, during our expert-guy testing, the flexibility of the working process is enhanced due to its combo of T-Track and miter. Because the machine comes with dual feather boards, you needn’t worry about accidents either.
Coming to the build aspect, Kreg PRS1045 Precision Router Table System is something incredible. Its stand is built using stainless steel and it can manage a lot of weight, apparently. Also, according to existing users, there are no issues of compatibility either. You can use almost every wood router with this table and performance would be the same. At the end of the day, Kreg PRS1045 Precision Router Table System is the best choice if you can spend a bit more for precision, stability, and performance.
Bosch built this RA1181 to accept a variety of routers while providing a high-quality router table. It comes with an aluminum tabletop for stability and durability, as well an aluminum fence. The fence is tall and can handle tall stock with ease. It has MDF face plates to make the work smoother, as well as 2 adjustable feather-boards for guidance and precision.
You get a dust port for a clean work surface, plus accessories like an adjustable clear guard, a starter pin, and mounting hardware for mounting both Bosch and competitor’s routers.
The RA1181 also includes 2 15-amp outlets for your convenience, plus a 6-inch power cord, a lockout key, and an overload protection. Bosch backs it with a 30-day money back guarantee and a 1-year warranty.
There is one working table you have always wanted and now it is right in front of you. The table is none other than the Goplus New Electric Benchtop Router Table. It is highly versatile yet affordable enough to be owned by any woodworker.
- Versatile capabilities: The benchtop router table is ideal for outfitting home garage/basement as well as for designing a workshop.
- Heavy-duty aluminum construction: It offers long-lasting use.
- Adjustable design: The table can be adjusted up to 7.87 inches for customized use.
- Convenient functionality: The table holds the router securely, thereby, giving you the opportunity to keep both hands on it while you cut.
It is the great choice if you don’t want to spend much in wooden routing machines. It comes with professional features and has the best build up version. You can use this tool for different purposes because of its versatility. Dual slot fence configuration is provided in this machines. This feature allows you to use the table from either side and you won’t have any space related issue. Therefore, it also suitable for small workshops. It also has the T-slot that helps to store the necessary accessories.
T-slot is the popular feature in it that helps to secure the accessories. So we can say that the design is compact and simple that also best fits the small workshops. This tool is also durable that will last long without any damages. This is best in its performance and while working no vibration can be felt because of its strong fences. Also, the dust collection feature is also effective to remove the excessive dust. Kudos to its lifetime warranty feature that is the top feature of this tool.
In short, Bench Dog Tools 40-102 ProMax Cast Iron Router Table Extension is an excellent choice. It is suitable for both large and small workshops. Although it is bit noisy and takes the time to assemble, it is a good option.
Are you looking for a compact router table that does its job? Then, Bosch RA1171 Cabinet Style Router Table can be an awesome choice. As the name says, it’s a cabinet-style router table that is supposed to make less noise. You can use the product with utmost precision and less mess.
One problem is that you get a work surface of 25” x 15.5”, which isn’t so big. Other options are almost same. For instance, you have access to the Aluminium fence, adjustable feather boards and the mounting plate that is rigid enough and powerful. As you can see, the difference here is the compact design.
Other good things in Bosch RA1171 Cabinet Style Router Table include the dust ports for dust collection and dual outlet switch. Also, just like the previous Bosch router table, this one comes with the necessary bunch of accessories for setting up routers of a different kind and different brands.
In short, Bosch RA1171 Cabinet Style Router Table is the ultimate choice for those who need compactness. There is no lack of performance, but you basically have a smaller work surface. Also, you can save some of your money too.
This is also one of the best routing tables because of its solid cabinet. The table surface area of this machine is 22″ * 16″ which is standard for woodworking. One thing you will love about this table is that it comes with the option of minimal noise and dust collection mechanism.
Bench Dog 40-001 is portable and compact compared to other router tables. You can easily replace and can easily fit it anywhere in few minutes only. You can quickly take it outside for any replacement for other purposes.
Most of the professionals use this router table because of its performance and accuracy. It also comes with fencing that allows you to quickly work with the larger boards. The boards you use while working will be stable because of its sturdiness. In this table, one can easily mount the routers because the cabinet opens up automatically for mounting purpose. Now let’s look at the things we like and don’t for this machine.
Kreg knows what’s best and so it brings you just that; the Kreg PRS2100 Bench Top Router Table. This unit is jam-packed with features that help enhance its performance and functionality. Moreover, it makes woodworking a super simple task.
- All-new cam clamps: They let you adjust the fence quickly and easily.
- Wide stance: It helps provide extra support.
- Thick rubber feet: They dampen vibration.
- Open design: It helps minimize router noise.
- Reliable base: It features pre-drilled holes; hence, you can enclose it.
- Extra large MDF tabletop: It has an easy-slide surface for outstanding functionality.
- Heavy-duty steel stand: It supports the router table.
We would recommend Bench Dog Tools 40-102 ProMax Cast Iron Router Table Extension if you don’t want to spend much for wood routing needs. You can have professional features, combined with superb build too. One thing to love in this router table is its versatility. You can use the machine for different purposes.
Thanks to the dual slot fence configuration, you can use Bench Dog Tools 40-102 ProMax Cast Iron Router Table Extension from both sides. Also, you can use the T-Slot for storing the necessary accessories. In short, the design is compact and is useful for small workshops out there.
Coming to the performance, the table is quite sturdy. While using, you won’t feel much of vibration. Its dust collection method is also effective. All these are here, in spite of its minimal design and space consumption. You also get a limited lifetime warranty from Bench Dog Tools.
In short, Bench Dog Tools 40-102 ProMax Cast Iron Router Table Extension is the best choice when you need the best performance in small workshops. However, the machine can be a bit noisy and you may need some more time to assemble it.
It’s meant to get attached to one side of any contractor grade table saw and thereby save the shop owner some space. It comes with a fence for improved accuracy and features T-Slots as well.
This fence features an easy removal mechanism, for when you need to use the table saw. You can quickly dismantle and hang it to make enough room for your table saw needs.
The table surface is cast iron, providing you with the best router tabletop possible. Its fence, however, is made from aluminum and MDF sub-fences, plus a heavy-duty bit guard and a dust collection port.
One disadvantage of this router table is the lack of a router plate in the package. You’ll need to buy this plate additionally and its dimensions are unique. This means you just can’t use any plate you feel like.
Skil RAS900 Router Table
If you are looking for a craftsman router table, look no further than the Skil RAS900 Router Table. It is designed to please all woodworkers, DIYers, and craftsmen, so expect unrivaled stability and convenience.
- Efficient folding design: Legs are foldable for easy storage.
- Quick-release router mount: It attaches and detaches within a cinch.
- Self-contained structure: It offers storage for essential parts such as fence and router bits.
- Starter pin and guard: They offer support when routing curved workpieces.
- Bit height gauge: It not only simplifies set-up but also improves the accuracy of cuts.
- Two featherboards: They help you guide the workpiece to ensure more accurate cutting.
If you have a corded or cordless rotary tool and would like to work with it on a router table, then you should take a look at this offer first. It’s a great budget and compact router table. This table is so small, it’s only 6 inches long and 8 inches wide. Then it even comes with a fence and everything necessary for mounting it on any work table.
On the underside, you’ll get the tool holder where the rotary tool goes. The system is simple and easy to understand, so anyone can quickly install a rotary tool and get working in no time.
One disadvantage of this table though, is that it’s designed exclusively for Dremel tools. It’s compatible with all Dremel corded tools and with some of the cordless ones as well.
Another disadvantage of this table is that you’ll have a hard time using it for large pieces. Its small size makes it ideal for smaller pieces, allowing you to sand, groove and trim edges easily.
Craftsman Router and Router Table Combo
Meet this powerful router and router table combo! It is user-friendly and comes with everything you need for ultimate convenience. Ideally, it has a number of tools that help you deliver clean and accurate work.
- Lubricated and sealed ball bearings: They make the motor life longer.
- Adjustable fence: It is perfect for proper bit clearance.
- Above-the-table cutting height: It is compatible with most Craftsman routers.
- Miter gauge: It adjusts up to 60 degrees in both directions.
- 1-3/4 HP motor: It runs at 27,000 RPMs.
- Double outlet power strip: It has a safety lock for enhanced performance.
- Dust extraction port: It removes dust and debris from the unit.
What is the best Router Table?
It is a woodworking machine that is used for wood routing, molding, and cutting. You can also use this tool to shape edges and for other purposes. With the help of router table, you can easily cut and shape the wooden articles.
These tools come in a rigid design and can be used for many joint operations. It helps you to increase the performance and accuracy of your work. Also, they offer security and sturdiness while routing or cutting the wood. You can have full control by working easily with your both hands if you have a wood router.
Why Should You Have a Router Table?
There are some things you can do with the router table because of its compatibility and portability. It can make your wood working projects easily without any difficulty. You can easily cut or edge the wooden pieces with the help of router table.
The best thing about this machine is that it provides stability while you are working with the heavy materials. Router tables can easily bear the pressure and make the work more precise and with ease. Also, it is very safe to work on it because of its stability.
How to Choose the Best Router Table?
If you are into woodworking field and you are going to buy the best router table, then you must know few things. So, here we are going to discuss some of the features of router table that will surely help you to buy the router table according to your needs.
- Top surface: It is very important to buy the router table that has the solid and flat top surface. More the powerful surface, more it will be easy to work with the harder material.
- Adjustable Fence: The fence is also another important part of the router table. The fence should be easily adjustable to make the cutting easier and precise. You should choose the tables that have a fence made up of MDF.
- Dust Collector: A router table must have dust collector to collect the dust which is produced while cutting the wooden parts. There is a lot of dust is produced in the workspace area. To collect this, you can use a decent dust collector that comes with it.
- Stable base: The base of the router table should be strong enough to bear the pressure of hard or heavy materials. If the base of the system is not strong, then it may become unstable while applying high pressure. Also, make sure that the base is made up durable items.
- Base plate should be rigid and flat: You have to choose such router tables which have plates that are compatible with most of the routers. Also, choose such plates that are strong enough to work on the heavy products. You must avoid the plate of one size that fits in all the machines.
10 Best Router Tables List
- Convert Dremel corded & cordless rotary tools into a bench mounted wood shaper
- Features an adjustable fence and a large 8-Inch X 6-Inch work table
- Fox Chapel Publishing
- Woodworker's Journal
- Specification: Name: Router Table Insert Plate Plate Material: Aluminium Alloy Dimensions: 235mm x 120mm x 8mm (L*W*T) Inner Diameter: 8mm/ 30mm Fit following router models: MAKITA 3709/ 3701 / 3703 MAKITA MT370/ MT372 / MT361 MAKITA RT0700C MAKITA RT0900 B0SCH GMR1 B0SCH GKF600 POWER ACTION RO700 RIDGID/AEG R2401 Quantity: 1pc Router Table Insert Plate 2pcs router insert rings - 8mm, and 30mm hole openings (one is fixing on the plate) Some fixing screws
- Package Included: 1x Router Table Insert Plate
- Material: Aluminium alloy
- Size : As Shown
- Matt Kenney
- Publisher: Taunton Pr
- Brand New Imported Product
- Material: Aluminium alloy
- Size: 235mm x 120mm x 8mm
- The Bosch Constant Electronic keeps the selected speed constant at all times and ensures optimum cut quality
- Routing depth fine adjustment - ideal for demanding work, accurate to 1/10 mm
- Specification: Type: T-slot Miter Track Material: Aluminium Alloy Length: 800mm (±1mm) External Size: 30x12.8mm Features: Suitable for woodworking.
- Durable and convenient to use. Package Included: 1x T-slot Miter Track
- A bench mounted tool for precise routing, shaping and sanding
- Plastic knobs for easy tool assembly and depth adjustment
A router table is a stationary woodworking machine used to shape or cut the area of relatively hard material like wood. Here, we discussed the best one available in this article. If you are into woodworking, the router table is a blessing for you. You can use this for many purposes like shape edges, cut slots and also to create moldings. According to some of the woodworking professionals, router tables are the best accessories out there.
You can easily use this tool whether you are a newbie or a professional. Router table helps you to increase the performance and accuracy of your work. There are a large number of such machines available in the market to choose from according to your needs. And if you are using Plunge Router then I would suggest to always go with the good brand.
Also, router tables are very convenient woodworking tools. These tools are very popular nowadays among the workers. They are popular because of their rigid design and for other joinery operations. In this article, we have compiled a collection of the top router tables for woodworking lovers and also for professionals. In addition to that, we will try to solve doubts regarding the best one by reviewing them and their importance. We reviewed the top 15 router table according to your needs and budget.
You must avoid the plate of one size that fits in all the other systems. Because such plates are not that strong to work with the heavier materials. Therefore, base plate should be used that provide more protection while working. In short, you should know above things and features of the router table before purchasing. You must select the one which has the things according to your need. It’s also important to know the check the durability and warranty of the system you buy.
By this, we have reached the end of the article on Best Router Table Reviews – Top 10 Recommendation. We hope that you are clear with the information on the router tables.