If you love to look well-groomed and excellent at any time of the day, then you would have known about the irons. The irons are the simplest and the most reliable way to look good in any dress, especially with the formal wears. No matter what kind of clothes you have in your wardrobe, you can easily rely on the irons to look them great and free from wrinkles.
The Indian market is filled with numerous kinds and models of the irons and almost all of them serve the purpose. However, one major drawback of the electric irons is that they need to be connected to the power socket to function. And frankly speaking, it is not always possible to find a proper place to iron the clothes near the power socket. So, in order to make things a bit easier for the users, a few manufacturers come up with a great solution and named it the “Cordless iron”.
The cordless irons are equally functional as the corded ones but are far more usable and have similar features. Addition of the cordless functionality makes these irons much more useful and easier to use than the traditional irons. In this article, we are going to talk about the three most popular cordless irons that you can buy today. Try the products on the list and then decide which one of these products is a perfect choice for your home and which of them fulfils your needs of buying an iron for home.
Top 10 Cordless Irons Review 2020
- Cord and cordless convenience for easy and hassle free movement
- Ceramic coated sole plate - even heat distribution and best for all types of clothes
- 30 g/min continuous steam output and 100g/min steam boost
- Visible water droplets in the water tank means the iron was tested in factory and passed the quality test
- Anti-drip feature to avoid any water dripping from the soleplate in case the steam level is not reached
- Steam Burst Mode
- Cordless, Temperature Control: Yes
- Power base
- Non Stick Coated Sole Plate
- Water Spray
- 220/240 Volt 50hz
- 1000 Watts of Power
- Non-Stick Soleplate; Ergonomic grip handle
- Cordless for best mobility; 6 Temperature Settings; Base with built-in holder
- 1.4 kg Light Weight
- Cordless Non-Stick Soleplate Steam and Spray Iron
- Colour - Blue
- Comes with 1200 W
- ❀ Anti-drip feature to avoid any water dripping from the soleplate in case the steam level is not reached
- ❀ Ceramic coated sole plate - even heat distribution and best for all types of clothes
- ❀ Visible water droplets in the water tank means the iron was tested in factory and passed the quality test
- ❀ Powerful burst of steam, anti drip, anti calc function, elegant looks, cool touch plastic body, comfortable handle grip
- ❀ 200 ml water storage tank
- Colour - Red
- Cordless stem iron
- Durable product
- ☺Travel mini iron with steamer removes wrinkles from almost any fabric. Ultra-portable and compact size for easy packing and travel.
- ☺Multifunctional for Steam or Dry Iron choosing. Variable temperature settings with dial temperature control (Low/Medium/High).
- ☺Visible water droplets in the water tank means the iron was tested in factory and passed the quality test.
- ☺Ceramic coated sole plate - even heat distribution and best for all types of clothes.
- ☺Steam burst function and spray function.
- ★ Vertical steam: Teflon non-stick bottom plate is not only suitable for ironing, but now you can also evaporate wrinkles on clothes with vertical steam function - ergonomic soft touch handle provides...
- ★ Faster heat: reach the highest temperature in less than a minute, much faster than traditional irons. In addition, steam can be regenerated in 3 seconds - Anti-wrinkle spray removes wrinkles and smooth...
- ★ Travel Iron: Iron special fabric - linen, cotton, silk, wool, nylon or synthetic fiber; just turn the dial to get the exact temperature, all fabrics can be quickly and easily ironed.
- ★ The iron cord has the flexibility to pass through your room and find the iron space without having to rearrange the furniture, this iron will clean itself! With anti-calcium and anti-scaling...
- ★ Safe for all fabrics, spray garments, steam garments, increased spray volume design, perfect distribution of steam, remove all kinds of lightweight clothing, furniture decoration, curtains, bedding,...
- To Prevent Water Leakage, keep the iron horizontal when not in use, do not fill water completely, leave some gap and wait for some time for the iron to heat up before using the iron.
- Titanium coating soleplate
- 360 degree rotating cable
- Round ride
- Anti-calc system
- Material : Plastic
- Color : Blue
- Size : 18x25x11 CM
Cordless Irons Buying Guide
Purchasing a new appliance is always a risky business, especially when you’re not familiar with the jargon and features. If you’re confused on how to go about finding the perfect iron, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. You’ll just have to think about the features that you want the most, the types of materials you want to iron, your frequency of use, and your price range. With this buying guide, we’ll help you find the perfect iron that meets all your needs.
How does a cordless iron work?
One of the recent innovations, also regarded as a revolution in the cordless technology, is the cordless iron. As you can guess by the name, a cordless iron, also known as wireless iron, comes without a power cord. Lately, this type of iron has been gaining popularity in the market because it’s easily manoeuvrable, more convenient and yields better overall freedom of movement, without dangling cords rubbing against your wrist or cables causing new wrinkles in clothes that you have just ironed. It is also a safer option because there are fewer chances of electrical shocks. They are vastly used by crafters starting to sew, and are considered as useful as irons for quilting.
The cordless iron as a whole comes in two parts: the iron and a charging base. The iron comes with a rechargeable battery that is already fitted inside. The battery is charged through the charging base for as long as necessary in order to generate enough heat to iron the clothes. Similar to other cordless models, cordless irons are available with a steam option, automatic shut off switch and adjustable temperature settings. Even though cordless irons are popular for home use, they are not entirely suited for travelling, so if you are considering to take an one on your vacation, you should look at our review of the best travel irons.
Charging and ease of use
Unlike traditional irons, cordless irons are charged while they are in use. They have to be placed in the charging base during the process of ironing so that they can get recharged. So, the charging base functions by supplying power to the iron every time it is set down. Although charging it sounds like it could be a real hassle, it really isn’t because you will rest your iron frequently when you adjust your clothing material on the board and during this short period of time, the charging dock quickly replenishes the heat. Because of this design, you won’t even feel like you’re actively involved in charging the iron.
Wattage and voltage
Generally having a higher watt means that the soleplate can be hotter and can reach the highest temperature faster. If a 1200W iron can reach its highest temperature in 2 minutes, a 2400W iron can reach its highest temperature faster. Now, a high-watt iron is usually more expensive than lower watt irons. If you don’t iron much, just for the occasional party here and there, then you will be better off with a lower watt iron.
Regardless of the type and model, all irons need a long-lasting and high-quality soleplate. The best soleplates will be durable, distribute steam and heat effectively, and glide easily over fabrics. Even though most irons are made with high-quality soleplates, the actual material used for the soleplate differs with every model. There are numerous materials to choose from for each soleplate such as stainless steel, anodized aluminum, titanium, ceramic, and nonstick.
Steam output is another important feature that should be taken into account while selecting irons. A higher steam output is an indication of the iron’s overall performance because it not only ensures better crease removal but also shortens ironing time. When measuring steam output among different models, you should check for the grams of steam emitted per minute. The higher the gram, the better is the steam output.
With loads of models to choose from, it might be difficult to find an iron that meets your requirements. Whether you prefer efficiency over cost or ease of use over other features, we hope that after reading through this buying guide and the comparison list, we’ve helped you make a decision on which iron best fits you.