If you love to look well-groomed and excellent at any time of the day, then you would have known about the irons. The irons are the simplest and the most reliable way to look good in any dress, especially with the formal wears. No matter what kind of clothes you have in your wardrobe, you can easily rely on the irons to look them great and free from wrinkles.
The Indian market is filled with numerous kinds and models of the irons and almost all of them serve the purpose. However, one major drawback of the electric irons is that they need to be connected to the power socket to function. And frankly speaking, it is not always possible to find a proper place to iron the clothes near the power socket. So, in order to make things a bit easier for the users, a few manufacturers come up with a great solution and named it the “Cordless iron”.
The cordless irons are equally functional as the corded ones but are far more usable and have similar features. Addition of the cordless functionality makes these irons much more useful and easier to use than the traditional irons. In this article, we are going to talk about the three most popular cordless irons that you can buy today. Try the products on the list and then decide which one of these products is a perfect choice for your home and which of them fulfils your needs of buying an iron for home.
Top 10 Cordless Irons Review 2020
- Cord and cordless convenience for easy and hassle free movement;Ceramic coated sole plate - even heat distribution and best for all types of clothes
- 30 g/min continuous steam output and 100g/min steam boost;Visible water droplets in the water tank means the iron was tested in factory and passed the quality test
- Anti-drip feature to avoid any water dripping from the soleplate in case the steam level is not reached;350 ml water storage tank , Cord length :1 m
- Vertical steam : Ideal for all fabrics and saves time;Steam burst function and spray function; Self clean feature to clean the scales built up;Warranty: 2 Years Warranty
- Care Instructions: Handle With Care
- Scratch resistant, easy glide ceramic soleplate. 360° Swivel Cord
- Non-Stick PTFE coated Ceramic soleplate for smooth ironing, Dry/Steam/Spray Ironing
- Variable Steam Control with self cleaning feature
- Large 200 ml water tank for longer ironing session
- Auto Cleaning Technology
- Cordless: - Rechargeable soldering iron is compact in size which makes soldering easy as there is no cord hanging at the end. In one single charge you can make use of it for 1 hour.
- Touch Sensor Function: - Once touch sensor is activated the soldering iron will stop heating as soon as the finger leaves the touch button.
- Battery Indicator: - There are 3 level battery indicators which show the battery life. Red indicator means 30% power, middle green indicator means 60% power and other green indicator means 100% power.
- Safety Indicator: - In case of short circuited tip, the red light will flash. Also in the beginning of usage the red light indicates that the heating is in process and after 12 mins green light flash means...
- Package Include: - 1*Soldering Iron, 1*tip, 1*stand, 1*manual, 1*Solder Wire(180cm each).
- ❀ Anti-drip feature to avoid any water dripping from the soleplate in case the steam level is not reached
- ❀ Ceramic coated sole plate - even heat distribution and best for all types of clothes
- ❀ Iron all types of fabrics using the convenient fabric selection/heat control guide
- ❀ Powerful burst of steam, anti drip, anti calc function, elegant looks, cool touch plastic body, comfortable handle grip
- ❀ 300 ml water storage tank
- Cordless Ironing: Operate corded or completely cord free for unrestricted movement as you iron
- Powerful Crease Removal: 2400 W output heats up in less than 30 seconds, rapidly removing tough creases
- Ceraglide Performance: Multi layered ceramic soleplate provides a smooth and easy glide for ideally straight, crease free results
- Variable Steam Functions: Precision steaming across small and large garments such as curtains and bedding, with 120 g/minute steam output and 150 g/minute steam shot for tough creases
- A unique, adjustable steam lever goes from no steam to full power with just a quick slide. And the sleek handle with textured grip gives you complete control and comfort.
- Really Cordfree Iron&Easy Storage: Break from the cord, retractable cord integrated in the power charging base. Simple iron lock to the charging base for easy transportation and immediately storage.
- Powerful Steam Iron: Super hot 2400W steam iron heat-up in 5 seconds, delivers a strong and consistent steam for quick removing wrinkles and creases, Quick power base res the iron in seconds. Indicated...
- Ceramic Soleplate With Anti--Drip: Durable and scratch resistant ceramic soleplate builded-in with anti-drip function under different steaming situation, but do not press the burst of steam more with low...
- Self-Cleaning&Anti-Calc: The self-cleaning removes deposits to maintain performance and increase the iron’s lifespan. And the anti-calc function is meaning a special resin filter inside the water tank...
- ty: Motion sensors automatically turn off the steam iron when no activity is detected for a long period of time. The Anti-drip system s water leakage at any of the temperature settings to eliminate...
- Non-stick ceramic soleplate - The base of this iron is a soleplate made of ceramic material. Ceramics provide even and fine conduction of heat while carefully removing the wrinkles. Now you can enjoy...
- Self-clean function - The self-clean function of this iron prevents water salts from depositing on the walls of the water tank. It keeps the iron clean and tidy for the next use. Saves you the trouble of...
- Variable temperature control - You can easily adjust the temperature according to the fabric type by moving the rotatable temperature control. It quickly sets the heat, and the iron is ready for use....
- Steam Settings: Continuous steam output can be adjusted via knob; Powerful vertical steam makes it effortless to remove wrinkles from hanging garments; Cool spray mist can moisten fabrics for tackling...
- Dry-ironing and wet-ironing, flexible and practical.
- 【Hair straightener】This is different from the traditional hair straightener, built-in is a toothed comb, which can be used after charging, and the small one is convenient to carry.
- 【Suitable for all hair types】Hair straightener curl straight, whether you are soft, thin, thick, curly, beard! Simply brush through your hair with a straight brush to smooth frizz and waves.
- 【Portable Hair Straightener】Compact and lightweight mini curling iron, you can get beautiful hair anytime, anywhere! Just put it in your bag like lipstick and take it with you. The detachable power...
- 【Material】The comb is made of PTC, has three temperature adjustments, and contains a ceramic coating for hair care, which will not damage the hair quality during use, making the hair silky and shiny.
- Philips is World’s Number 1 Ironing brand – (Source: Euromonitor International, per Iron category definition. Retail value sales in units. 2022 data)
- CERAMIC SOLEPLATE: The durable ceramic soleplate glides well on any ironable garment. It is non-stick, scratch resistant and simple to keep clean
- POWER: 2200 watts power for delivering a fast heat-up and powerful performance.
- STEAM RATE: Powerful continuous steam of up to 30 g/min for effective crease removal
- STEAM BOOST: 110 g steam boost for penetrating deeper into the fabrics for easily removing stubborn creases
- 1000W for powerful performance;Weil berger non stick soleplate
- Multi colored LED tail light to indicate readiness;Easy ironing under buttons
- Ergonomic design for a strong grip;Overheat safety shutoff; 360 degree swivel cord;Power: 1000 watts; Operating Voltage: 220 - 240 volts
- Includes: 1 unit of product, User manual; Innovative tail light indicator: Red light while heating - Green light when ready to iron; Weilburger Non-stick coated soleplate glides effortlessly over the...
- Color Name: Black
Cordless Irons Buying Guide
Purchasing a new appliance is always a risky business, especially when you’re not familiar with the jargon and features. If you’re confused on how to go about finding the perfect iron, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. You’ll just have to think about the features that you want the most, the types of materials you want to iron, your frequency of use, and your price range. With this buying guide, we’ll help you find the perfect iron that meets all your needs.
How does a cordless iron work?
One of the recent innovations, also regarded as a revolution in the cordless technology, is the cordless iron. As you can guess by the name, a cordless iron, also known as wireless iron, comes without a power cord. Lately, this type of iron has been gaining popularity in the market because it’s easily manoeuvrable, more convenient and yields better overall freedom of movement, without dangling cords rubbing against your wrist or cables causing new wrinkles in clothes that you have just ironed. It is also a safer option because there are fewer chances of electrical shocks. They are vastly used by crafters starting to sew, and are considered as useful as irons for quilting.
The cordless iron as a whole comes in two parts: the iron and a charging base. The iron comes with a rechargeable battery that is already fitted inside. The battery is charged through the charging base for as long as necessary in order to generate enough heat to iron the clothes. Similar to other cordless models, cordless irons are available with a steam option, automatic shut off switch and adjustable temperature settings. Even though cordless irons are popular for home use, they are not entirely suited for travelling, so if you are considering to take an one on your vacation, you should look at our review of the best travel irons.
Charging and ease of use
Unlike traditional irons, cordless irons are charged while they are in use. They have to be placed in the charging base during the process of ironing so that they can get recharged. So, the charging base functions by supplying power to the iron every time it is set down. Although charging it sounds like it could be a real hassle, it really isn’t because you will rest your iron frequently when you adjust your clothing material on the board and during this short period of time, the charging dock quickly replenishes the heat. Because of this design, you won’t even feel like you’re actively involved in charging the iron.
Wattage and voltage
Generally having a higher watt means that the soleplate can be hotter and can reach the highest temperature faster. If a 1200W iron can reach its highest temperature in 2 minutes, a 2400W iron can reach its highest temperature faster. Now, a high-watt iron is usually more expensive than lower watt irons. If you don’t iron much, just for the occasional party here and there, then you will be better off with a lower watt iron.
Regardless of the type and model, all irons need a long-lasting and high-quality soleplate. The best soleplates will be durable, distribute steam and heat effectively, and glide easily over fabrics. Even though most irons are made with high-quality soleplates, the actual material used for the soleplate differs with every model. There are numerous materials to choose from for each soleplate such as stainless steel, anodized aluminum, titanium, ceramic, and nonstick.
Steam output is another important feature that should be taken into account while selecting irons. A higher steam output is an indication of the iron’s overall performance because it not only ensures better crease removal but also shortens ironing time. When measuring steam output among different models, you should check for the grams of steam emitted per minute. The higher the gram, the better is the steam output.
With loads of models to choose from, it might be difficult to find an iron that meets your requirements. Whether you prefer efficiency over cost or ease of use over other features, we hope that after reading through this buying guide and the comparison list, we’ve helped you make a decision on which iron best fits you.