Best Smart Light Switches Review: A smart light switch is referred to a wireless switch because it works by way of command to light or to a home appliance to turn itself on. The command can either be by voice, or smart light switch is referred to a wireless switch because it works by way of command to light or to a home appliance to turn itself on. The command can either be by voice or navigating on their respective smartphone applications to access the settings that you want for your home appliances and also lighting as aforementioned.
Communication between the switch and the fixer is either by use of radio transmission or the existing power lines like X10. Imagine coming to a dark home at night after a long presentation during the day. The most suitable way of turning on the lights at such a tired moment would not be to reach out to the switch physically but to do it from your phone. Better still, by use of Alexa, for those who prefer voice over app navigations.The trick with smart switches is that they allow you to control the lighting and electronics at home from the comfort of your couch using your voice or smartphone. You only need to say “Alexa, turn on the balcony lights,” and your command will be executed in a matter of seconds. This is made possible by the radio wave capabilities that enable the switches to connect to a nearby network – part of the Internet of Things (IoT) centrally controlled from your smartphone.
Smart lightning is the prior thing if you are building smart home. Smart light switches have become more affordable.
Best Smart Light Switches for 2020
- Easy to install
- Supports android and iOs
- AC 220v
- APP Remote Control APP enables you to control all devices anywhere with one tap via iOS and Android smartphone, no distance limitation. You can also track the devices real-time status anytime
- 3 Gang Multiple Output in a single smart switch module. Single device gives 3 output port
- Schedule Automatic Control By presetting timers or schedules on App, a lamp can be automatically turned on/off at a specific time. Automate your home appliances via 3 timing types: scheduled timing,...
- Hands-free Voice Control WiFi Switch is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home Assistant. It allows you to use your voice to control home devices and enjoy a hands-free experience
- Comes with 12-month warranty
- Smart Control from Anywhere: Protium smart Switch works with Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT, you can simply control it with voice order when your hand is busy. Turn electronics on/off from anywhere with...
- Remote Control: Download the free app "Smart life", after setting the smart plugs on your mobile phone, you can control the household devices anytime and anywhere. You don't have to worry about whether the...
- Timer and Devices Sharing: You can set up time schedule to run your home devices automatically, multiple schedules can be set to meet specific needs. And sharing your account to your family, all can...
- Control device from Local or Anywhere: The button the the Switch can be used to Turn ON/OFF the connected appliance, It can be used for manual ON/OFF function. Or When you are out of home or travelling,...
- Safety and Warranty: Protium Smart Switch is made of UL94-V0 Material and it is safe to use indoor. Click on the Brand name "Protium" above for more Smart Home Products or Visit- protiumonline.com for...
- This is WiFi enabled Smart Switch Board, a replacement to ordinary modular switch plates. It provides you 2 smart switches + 2 smart plugs + 1 smart fan in 8 module configuration and 3 smart switches + 1...
- Manual override switch allows you to control your appliance manually. Smarteefi App allows you to lock/unlock manual control. 3 switches are provided for Fan control (speed up/ speed down/ ON-OFF). When...
- Weekly and Daily Scheduling Facility allows you to save energy bills by automating ON/OFF conditions at specified time. IT CAN RUN SCHEDULES EVEN IF INTERNET BREAKS DOWN OR POWER-CUT/ POWER-RESUME HAPPENS....
- Apart from scheduling facility it also provides countdown timer. Instead of selected scheduled time suppose you want to charge your mobile phone anytime with specified time duration (say 1 hour), you may...
- It provides notification Facility (when you are away, you can get notification if someone is switching ON/OFF your lights at your home). All family members can control with their respective mobile phone...
- Smart WiFi Switch : This device is an 2.4G WiFi smart light switch that provides users with smart home control. It enables users to remotely control all the connected appliances, via the mobile app Smart...
- Compatible with Alexa and Google home : This switch module works with Amazon Alexa (dot) /Google home by using "Smart Life" App to control electric devices with your voice
- APP Remote Control Switch : Connect with home Wi-Fi without hub required. Remotely turn on/off light or other appliances with smartphone App "Smart Life" anywhere at any time as long as your phone has...
- Simplest Installation Method : Less than 30 seconds to wiring breaker with your devices. Contain safe, convenient and durable insulated terminals
- Works with alexa for voice control (alexa device sold separately)
- Control from anywhere - turn electronics on or off from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa app (compatible w/ android & iOS)
- Voice control - works with amazon alexa, google assistant and microsoft cortana supported devices for a hands-free experience
- Input voltage:100-120V~, 50/60GHz, 15.0A
- Output voltage:100-120V. Maximum Load: 15A, 600W Incandescent. Maximum Power: 3.68 KW
- RETROFIT - 4 Node Smart switch work in sync with your existing electrical connections. No additional wiring required. They fit inside your existing switchboards
- SMALL SIZE - Just 6 x 4.5 x 2 cm in size, suitable for all size of switchboards
- DUAL CONTROL - All 4 on/off points can be used manually using traditional switches and through Smartphone App also
- INDIVIDUAL CONTROL - Each point can be controlled individually by traditional switch / Smart phone App / Alexa / Google Home and IFTTT
- One Year Warranty
- SONOFF Basic DIY WiFi Wireless Switch For Smart Home With ABS Shell Mobile APP Timer Socket Remote Control Switch Module
- WiFi Router / Hotspot Required
- One year warranty for Sonoff Company Store buyer Only
- Free Installation Support -Number is available on website
- Operate your lights and other electrical appliances from your smart phone using the ‘Firefly Connect’ app
- Controls upto two lights; No re-wiring required;
- Firefly connects to your home WiFi network; Operation of existing switches remains unchanged
- Fits inside a standard 2 module or bigger switchboard
- Warranty Description: 1 Year warranty on any manufacturing defect
- REMOTE CONTROL: You can control from anywhere using the NISHICA app, which is available for free on iOS Appstore and Google Playstore.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Neutral Wire Required, Easily replace the traditional wall switch with no modification required. Applied to Home, Hotel, Office, Shop, Bar, Hospital smart lighting.
- TIMER: The timer feature on the Flip iT 3 is designed to help activate/switch ON-OFF appliances in your smart home, including lights, lamps, and other electronic consumer items connected with your Smart...
- VOICE CONTROLLED: The Flip iT 3 is compatible for use with Google Home and Amazon Alexa Echo smart home technology platforms. You can easily switch ON/OFF smart appliances using only a simple voice...
- REAL-TIME MONITORING: No matter where you are, as long as there is a network, you can check the status of you Flip iT 3, such as confirming whether it is on or off., Customer Care Whatsapp Number...
The capacity to control the lighting in your home can bigly affect your living space. With keen lighting, you can program lights to turn on as you arrive home, naturally closed off the lights when it’s a great opportunity to prepare for bed, or even set disposition lighting for night out on the town with your sweetheart.
To have more power over the lights in your living space, look at the best savvy light switches available at the present time. Checkout out list based on customer’s reviews.
Here are few things that you should know before installing smart switches.
Read More >> SmartLight Review : Don’t Buy Till You’ve Read This
Smart bulbs, switches or plugs?
Initially, ensure you’re getting the correct sort of savvy lighting for your home. Brilliant switches are one of the more typical alternatives with regards to savvy lighting. You can discover them at essentially every enormous box home improvement store.
Smart bulbs, are not just let you remotely control the lights or put them on a timetable, they frequently gives you a chance to change the shade of the lighting on the fly. Keen fittings keep things basic while giving you a chance to turn a current light with a customary light into one you can mood killer and on from anyplace. They some of the time let you track vitality utilization, also. Both of these choices accompany an attachment and-play establishment. In the event that you don’t care for it or need to move it later on, you can with almost no exertion.
Smart switches, then again, are the unobtrusive midpoint between the other two and the most regular to utilize. You can in any case control the lights from the divider switch like you generally have, however you’ll get some additional advantages, such as darkening or a fly out remote that will even now give you simpler manual control of the lights. Be that as it may, they’ll additionally work with existing light apparatuses that may not oblige a savvy bulb. All things considered, establishment is significantly more active and changeless.
Read More >> Top 10 Best Water Heaters In India Reviews
Alexa, Google, Siri and more
When selecting that sensible switch you ought to associate with, think about what the switches square measure compatible with. If the sensible switches you decide on will communicate with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Home Kit or Smart Things, the chances for a way you’ll be able to management your lights or what you’ll be able to do with them square measure nearly limitless.
Consider your three-way switches
On the off chance that you have three-route switches (the same number of us do in passages and huge rooms, such as family rooms) think about how you’ll handle these. At the Xfinity CNET Smart Home, we utilized Lutron Caseta remotes to make the establishment dead-straightforward, since they look and act like three-way switches, yet don’t require as much handicraft to draw off.
Advantages Of Using A Smart Light Switches
A smart switch is always preferable over a smart bulb because it helps you to have a controlled quality of lighting, whether the devices are turned on or off, and the timings for the scheduled operations of particular appliances. And even though they cost more to purchase and install as compared to smart bulbs, smart switches provide more value for your money.
The only disadvantage occurs when you are staying on rented property, and they have restrictions about tampering with their electrical and mechanical setups because you cannot switch in between switches the same way you do with bulbs. They take time and effort to install, and relatively longer to age. The following are a few advantages of using smart switches in controlling the lighting at your home:
With the several dimming options available with smart switch, it is easier to control energy consumption. This can be done from an app on a smartphone or by alternatively setting up motion detectors that dim the lights when there are fewer movements.
The motion detector sensors may be situated in every room, and for those that are unoccupied, you can instruct the lights to turn off till the next time they detect motion. It is recommended that you use LED bulbs because they consume less energy as compared to normal bulbs.
Lights Planning & Scheduling
With smart switches, you can always prepare schedules for your own lighting or turning on and off of particular home appliances.
For instance, you can schedule the security lights to automatically turn on in the nights that you are away from home. Or even schedule your fan to turn on at 1 am when the temperatures in the building begin to rise.
This is a fine way of saving energy by avoiding usage during day times and guarantee the safety of your home at night. Scheduling lights for specific times give your personal program some level of convenience and flexibility.
Compatibility With Modern Platforms
The smart switch has built-in features that make it compatible with various platforms for extra voice commands and scenes. As mentioned earlier about the Internet of Things, the smart switch is controlled with many smart home devices from the same mobile app.
It is essential to blend your smart switch with the right home assistant. So you may need to check if the one you want to buy is compatible with the common home voice assistants like Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Next, Google Assistant, Wink, IFTTT, whichever works perfectly for you.
Imagine remotely controlling your lights, electric power motor, the brightness and colors of the lights in different rooms, all while taking a nap on your bed or even away from home.
That’s the level of freedom that comes when you upgrade your operations to a smart home where all the household activities are done from a simple yet personal portable gadget, a smartphone.
The mode of operation of a smart switch simplifies tasks, especially among the physically challenged people and saves the hassle of having to go from room to room to switch off the lights and turning on different appliances. For some light bulbs, you can even control their intensity of brightness and hue from your device. For instance, the colored LED smart bulbs.
Individualized Lighting Setup
Adjusting the level of color is possible, especially after the introduction of smart LED light bulbs. You can now change the mood and tone of the appearance of your room with a twist of your smart lights.
The importance of changing colors becomes relevant when watching a movie, studying or preparing to take a nap. Because different lights are set for different moods. Some colors do not strain the eye and improve sleep quality.
Although it’s not all the smart switches have sensors, many of them do. There are motion sensors and touch sensors. The former turns the lights on automatically when it detects your movement and is a common energy saving strategy employed in the offices. While the latter is widely used as a modern way of controlling lights and the dimmer.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do smart light switches save money?
Yes, smart light switches function with full conscience of energy consumption. Measures adopted for energy conservation includes the use of motion detectors that only turns on the light when there is movement in the particular area. This allows for efficient usage of light when it is needed. They also run on schedules of the user, where the owner plans the turning on and off times for the lights.
2. How do you install a smart switch?
There are several steps followed when replacing your old switch with a smart switch. You first have to familiarize with the current wiring diagram of the electrical installation in your home. This way, you can determine the specific location of the various items in the circuit. Then you follow the given instructions in the manual in removing the old switch and fixing a new one.
3. Can a smart switch be controlled by several phones?
Yes. You can share the login credentials with members of your family. This gives them access to control of the various home appliances because they too need to use them. Everyone must download the applications that work with the smart switch in order to control them from their phones while using the same logins.
4. Do smart switches need a hub?
There are smart switches that directly connect to home Wi-Fi while with other you have to deal with the complexion of the hubs. Some other switches like the Lutron Caseta type need company proprietary hub to function because they adopt the custom version RF to connect to switches.