Elica Kitchen Chimney11,699
Glass + Stainless Steel9.9 /10
Size: 60 cm, Maximum air flow8.9 /10
Easy to Use Touch control9.9 /10
Nine macro keys8.9 /10
Heat auto clean technology9.9 /10
- Glass + Stainless Steel
- Size: 60 cm, Suction (m3/hr): 1100
- Color: Black, Filter Type: Baffle
- Controls: Push Button
- Sometimes noisy
Elica Kitchen Chimney Reviews: Elica has long been in the market for its fabulous range of kitchen chimneys and seamless performance. This kitchen chimney from Elica offers you the stainless steel finish that makes it look really elegant and stylish. The glass size is 60-cm which really gives it an even more modern and attractive look. The Power plus Suction that it offers is very substantial in its class and at a very decent price tag. The lighting lamps offered are LED and provide decent amount of glow. The ducting/recycling baffle filters are also decent in their working.
Top 10 Best Elica Kitchen Chimney
Elica Kitchen Reviews
You can enhance the design of your kitchen with the beautiful design of this kitchen chimney, it is also your ticket to hassle free experience in kitchen. As we all know that continuous exposure to smoke can affect our health dangerously, this chimney will suit all your needs. The chimney is designed perfectly to blend with any kitchen style. The suction capacity of this particular model is 1100 m^3/hr which helps in staying your kitchen fresh. The chimney is well designed to reduce its cleaning time.
The oil collector needs to be washed once a month according to the usage of the product and no extra efforts is required to clean the oil collectors. Its control panel is equipped with trendy push buttons which gives an easy access to all the features of the product. For your convenience the appliance is fitted with 2 LED lamps so lights won’t be a problem while cooking. It’s effective and easy and also consumes very less power (230 watts) so you do not need to worry about your electricity bill. The motor in the appliance has 5 years of warranty. It is one of the best kitchen chimney available in the market.
Elica Kitchen Hood – This chimney could be a very useful and beautiful addition to your kitchen. TCG BF 60 NERO can turn your kitchen into the most stylish room in your house, without engaging plentiful space in your kitchen. Its glass decor and stunning design will dumbfound you and this compact size appliance is enough to keep your kitchen smoke-free. The chimney is energy efficient and soothing two LED lights to allow a perfect view, the suction capability is very powerful at 1100 m3/hr. The chimney generates minimum noise level and its subtle design makes it the best kitchen chimney.
With this amazingly designed powerful chimney you can turn your kitchen into grease free and dust free place. The chimney features 3 speed push button control panel which will help you to regulate the suction speed of the chimney by your willingness. The baffle filter collects all the grease and dust to provide maximum air flow by trapping the grease and dust in its oil collector which also can be cleaned very easily. The chimney is very energy efficient and needs 230 watts of power to perform at its peak. This Elica appliance lends you ease and helps maintaining your kitchen fresh with minimum noise and has very low maintenance cost.
This model is a very stylish and feature packed chimney manufactured by Elica which can blend and compliment any kitchen style and has a great functional value as well. The stylish chimney is one of the best chimney for kitchen. It sports a powerful motor that consumes 230 watt of power to operate and its maximum airflow capacity is 1100 m3/hr which makes sure that your kitchen is oil free as well as smell free and all the grime and dust is removed. The chimney is equipped with two baffle filters for best operation.
The next generation baffle filters works very efficiently while consuming less power, thanks to its dynamic airflow system. The baffle filters layers are designed by overlapping in such a way that it alters the air flow direction. It is a small yet very powerful appliance that will not disappoint you with its performance without burning a hole in your pocket so you need not to worry about the electricity bill. The motor comes with 5 years of warranty. Its control panel offers a feather touch 4 speed control to provide you convenience to use the appliance. LED helps in working at ease in the kitchen as it will provide you the perfect view.
Buying Guidelines for Electric Chimney
Indian cuisine is generally infused with exotic spices and it also requires many methods to cook the food; like frying and seasoning the already cooked food. All this paraphernalia can cause a lot of smoke and irritation.
This is where an electric chimney comes to the rescue. An electric chimney or a kitchen hood is a boon to many who love to cook but withdraw themselves at the thought of grimy kitchen, watery eyes, and odour.
Since electric chimneys are relatively new in the market as compared to other kitchen appliances, most first time buyers get confused. Here is a guide that will help you to make a smart purchase.
Types of Kitchen Hoods
- Wall Canopy – They are the most common types of hoods. They are fixed on the wall and the hood hangs above the stove, hob also located adjacent to the wall. It comes in various designs and styles.
- Island Chimney – Cooking platform is located in the center of the kitchen, away from the wall. It is fixed from the ceiling, seems like hanging from nowhere. They are for counter-top cooking ranges and gas stove, like those western style
- Downdraft Chimney – This is a very sleek and stylish chimney which is installed over the stove when in use. It has a push button which pops and the chimney retracts when not in use.
- Built-in Chimney – They are concealed within the kitchen woodwork and blend with the tapestry. It saves space and looks compact.
Types of Filters
- Mesh Filter – This filter comprises of layers of Aluminum mesh overlapping each other with a slight offset and they have very small holes. When the air passes through the filter, the mesh holds oil and grime particles to the layers. The pores get congested very soon, which affects the performance and hence requires cleaning every fortnight. Frequent cleaning and high maintenance is needed for Indian kitchens because the masalas get coated onto the filter clogging the holes and thus the suction power gets diminished. Warm soapy water/detergent can be used for maintenance and even be cleaned in the dishwasher.
- Baffle Filter – It is designed with layers of steel/aluminum that overlap in such a fashion which changes the direction of air flow. It uses the ‘cut and chop’ technology to isolate oil and spices from the smoke. The suction power gets minimally affected even if the oil is collected in the first layer. It is perfect for Indian style of cooking. It needs to be cleaned once in 5-6 months. The filters need to be replaced in 4-5 years as they get rusted over time.
- Charcoal Filter – These filters have a block of charcoal, which are primarily used for odour The absorption capacity depends on the size of charcoal granules and thickness of the filter. It is used in Ductless chimneys and it is not available as inbuilt but can be managed over extra cost. The only drawback is that it cannot be washed and needs periodical replacement 3-6 months depending upon the intensity of cooking.
Types of Installation
- Ducting or Extracting – In ducting mode the heavier particles of oil, spice and grease are separated by mesh or baffle filter. The smoke is expelled out of the house through PVC ducts or pipes. This is a permanent fixture and it is good for those who want easy maintenance and don’t want to waste extra money in changing the charcoal Also, the number of bends and the length of the hose pipe affects the suction power.
- Recycling or Ductless – The air passes through the mesh or baffle filter and then through the charcoal block, which absorbs the heat, smoke, and odour. This purified air is re-circulated in the kitchen.
Added Features to Look for
- Air Suction Capacity – It is the capacity of the motor to suck oil particles, smoke, odour and grease. It is measured in cubic meter per hour (m3 per hour). For Indian kitchen, an electric chimney with higher air suction capacity is supreme. For frequent cooking, the range should be between 400 m3/hr to 1000m3/hr according to the size of your kitchen. The chimneys with a long hose have generally more suction power.
- Filters – The function of filter plays an important role in the effectiveness of suction. If the filter is poor it can pose a health hazard, so choose right filter for improving the performance of chimney.
- Size – The size of the chimney solely depends on the size of the kitchen A 3ft stove should have a 3ft chimney; standard chimneys come in 2ft and 3ft size.
- Motor/Blower – The motor should be concealed so that dust and grease cannot get in. Aluminum non-stick blower and motor saves you from the torment of periodic maintenance of internal parts.
- Noise – The noise that is heard is due to air circulation. You may like to consider this before buying your chimney as it may be a disturbing factor in your kitchen. Some chimneys have a silent-kit installed which makes it silent or quieter.
- Thermal Overload Protector – Thermal overload protector feature prevents the motor from overheating. This mechanism cuts off the power supply and averts the motor exhaustion.
- Warranty and Service – Many chimneys nowadays come with a warranty of 12 months and some with a lifetime Do check for after sales services in your area as baffle filters need a technician for maintenance.
These are the factors you should consider while purchasing an electric chimney.
Table of Contents
- Elica Kitchen Chimney
- Top 10 Best Elica Kitchen Chimney
- Elica Kitchen Reviews
- Buying Guidelines for Electric Chimney
- Types of Kitchen Hoods
- Types of Filters
- Types of Installation
- Added Features to Look for