Best Car Charger Adapter For Android Smart Phones: These days, we are glued to our smartphones and tablets, but unfortunately it’s hard to make sure they’re always juiced up, so portable USB chargers have become a necessity. And, fortunately, there are a bunch of excellent inexpensive car chargers available that can be used for multiple purposes. For example, say the whole family needs a charge on a road trip? No problem. And if you need to give some extra juice to backseat riders? No sweat. Read on to find the top car chargers you need to make sure your phone never runs out of battery.
Best Car Chargers to Buy in 2020[table id=24 /]
Most of us buy into the promise of marathon battery life from our phones when we opt for a new one, but within months, it often seems like they can’t hold a charge long enough to make a call, play some tunes, or even direct us to the closest gas station. Thankfully, there’s an assortment of capable phone chargers available for your car, whether you’re an Apple or Android aficionado, to help make sure power isn’t an issue when you’re on the road.
Some have enough energy to simultaneously charge your smartphone and tablet, while others distinguish themselves from the pack with a streamlined design and built-in cables. Below are a few of our personal favorites, from the likes of Moshi and Incipio. Just don’t forget to keep your eyes on the road — no one likes a INR. 250 fine or a fender bender.
What is a USB Car Charger?
In simple terms, a USB car charger is a small gadget that plugs into a vehicle’s cigarette lighter / accessory port, and provides one or more powered USB sockets. It’s typically used to charge smartphones and tablets, but can also be used to power battery packs, certain models of camera, and many other USB-powered devices.
Car Phone Charger Buying Guide
A cell phone is only useful if it has a charge, and when away from home, having accessories available to keep a phone charged is of great importance.
A car phone charger plugs into the cigarette lighter adapter or accessory outlet of the car, which allows a phone to be charged while on the road. For many on-the-go cell phone users, having a car phone charger is not only handy, but also a bit of safety insurance because if the phone needs to be used in an emergency, it needs to have a charge.
With more smartphones in the market offering powerful capabilities, cell phone batteries do not last as long as the older analog phone batteries used to last. Powering the Internet, texting capabilities, constantly running applications, and of course heavy phone usage all impact the battery. Also, the advanced technology developed for cell phone screens also is a major draw on the battery.
Car phone chargers are an affordable safety net in emergencies, and ensure mobile consumers will always have the opportunity to charge their phone battery.
How to Choose a Car Phone Charger
There is a large variety of car phone chargers on the market. Some manufacturers, like Apple, have their own proprietary connector that works across all of their phone models. Other manufacturers may have multiple connector designs, especially for phones that came to market before the universal micro – USB protocol was released.
In 2009, China, the European Commission and other countries developed a national standard on mobile phone chargers using the USB standard. Ten of the world’s largest mobile phone manufacturers agreed to develop specifications for and support a micro-USB equipped charger for all data-enabled mobile phones in the EU. Later that year, the International Telecommunication Union announced a standard for a universal charger for mobile handsets. As a result, there is a universal standard for cell phones that manufacturers are integrating, which has paved the way for a universal charger.
Next, factor in the phone owner’s usage habits. If the person is a heavy user, he may require a faster charge so that he can be ready to use the phone again soon after.
Cell phone chargers are becoming a necessity to the mobile phone user, so it should be uncommon to be left with a dead cell phone.
Types of Car Phone Chargers
There are three main types of cell phone chargers, also referred to as DC cords. The main difference between the three is the speed of the charge, and each has other qualities that separate them. All three allow the cell phone owner the opportunity to use the phone while it is being charged. Charging time will vary based on the amount of charge needed to achieve a full charge.
Fast chargers will charge a phone in less time than other car phone chargers. A note of caution: Be vigilant when charging with a fast charger. If the cell phone is not unplugged as soon as the battery is charged, the battery can overheat and cause damage to the phone.
Rapid chargers will also allow consumers to charge the phone while it is in use. The main difference between this charger and the others is that it has a sensor, a light on the charger, for example, to let the user know once a battery has finished charging.
Trickle chargers work in much the same way as the other chargers in that owners may use the phone while it is charging. The difference between the trickle chargers and the other chargers is that there is no risk of overheating the battery, and they will not burn a phone’s battery. If a phone remains on a trickle charger beyond a full charge, no damage will be done to the phone.
High Amp Output
A good charger would provide you with at least 2.1 Amps (or 2100 mA) per USB port. This is so that you can also charge your Android tablets and iPads at their optimal speed since smartphones usually only require 1.0 Amps (or 1000 mA). So if you’re looking for the highest performing dual USB car charger, you want to look for a 4.8A USB car charger. This means that each USB port provides 2.4 Amps, which is more than sufficient to charge two iPads simultaneously. On the other hand, if the Amp output per USB port is below 2.1 Amps per USB port, the charger would do well charging two smartphones, but not as much with two tablets.
Multiple USB Ports
For someone with multiple devices, using a car charger with only a single port could prove to be a major hindrance. A USB car charger with multiple ports can save you a lot of time and frustration from having to remember to switch off between powering different devices. It also saves you from the awkward situation of accidentally hanging up on a call because your phone went out of battery. Additionally, it allows everyone on the ride to have a chance at powering up their USB devices.
It is a well-known fact that cables are prone to failing. An excellent car charger does not have a permanently attached cable for flexibility and convenience purposes. Car chargers with permanent cables are disadvantageous because you will be forced to buy a new charger when the cable fails. Thus, always purchase a car charger without a permanent cable since you can easily replace the cable should it fail.
Alternative Car Chargers
In addition to the standard chargers that plug into the cigarette lighter and are powered by the car battery, there are other options on the market.
There are human – powered chargers that consist of a dynamo powered by a hand crank and extension cords. By turning the crank for several minutes, the battery will receive several minutes worth of a charge, perhaps giving the phone enough of a charge to make an emergency call. Another option that is helpful to give a dead cell phone battery a little life is a solar powered cell phone charger, which utilizes mini solar paneling to harness the energy from the sun to charge a device. This device can be stored in the glove box of the car and utilized when necessary.
Cell Phone Chargers Effects on the Car
When the charger is left plugged in, it may have an effect on the car and its fuel capacities. This will depend, in large part, on the type and condition of the vehicle.
Car phone chargers, when plugged into the lighter socket or available power socket, allows the user to draw power from the car to charge the phone.
When the car is turned off and the phone is plugged in to charge, the charger draws power from the car’s battery, which will slowly drain it. If it is plugged in and the phone is not being charged, it will still drain from the battery, but will do so at a slower rate.
However, when the car is on and the phone is being charged, the charger is being powered by the alternator, which keeps the battery powered. The power generated from the alternator is limitless; therefore, charging a cell phone while the car is running does not drain the car’s power.
When the car is running, the alternator converts power from the gas into energy to keep the battery charged. When the charger is charging a phone, it is indirectly drawing on the gas tank, assuming there are no power issues with the car. However, the drain on fuel is insignificant.
Car Phone Charger Tips and Warnings
For best results with a cell phone charger, consider the following tips and warnings:
- When the charger is not in use, unplug it from the power source. Even if it is not charging anything, leaving the charger plugged in will drain the car battery. It’s recommended that users purchase a charger with anti-overcharging safeguards.
- Ensure the phone and the charger are compatible. Even when the charger is made from the same manufacturer as the phone, it may not be compatible.
- Using the car charger continuously to charge a phone will diminish the phone’s battery life. Alternate between using a wall charger and a car charger.
Where to Buy Car Phone Chargers
Car phone chargers may be purchased at brick-and-mortar electronics stores, cell phone service provider stores, automotive, and general retail stores. The chargers may also be found online through cell phone manufacturers, service providers, and through the websites of general retailers and electronics stores. There are also many websites that deal specifically in electronics and phone accessories. eBay also is a good source for car phone chargers.
How to Buy Car Phone Chargers
Follow a few simple steps to find the right car phone charger for you on eBay. If you know the brand or type of car phone charger you are looking for, type the relevant keywords in the search box on the homepage to find those chargers. You may also go to the Cell Phones & Accessories section of the site and narrow down your list by typing in “car charger” or other relevant keywords.
Review the results and find the car phone charger that is the best choice for your phone and cell phone usage habits. Click on the description titles to learn more details of the car phone charger. If you have questions about the charger, you may click on the link to ask the seller a question. Check the return policy, too. If the charger isn’t compatible with your phone, you’ll want to know if the seller will accept a return.
Take the opportunity to learn more about the seller. By clicking on the seller’s handle, you’ll be able to read feedback given by past customers. After the transaction is complete, you will have the opportunity to offer feedback for the seller as well.
Once you have found the charger you’re interested in, you may bid on or purchase it using a method of payment that is accepted by the seller.
Additional features to consider, buying a car charger.
Status light: It is good to buy a car charger with an indication light so you know that your phone is charging without looking at the phone’s screen while driving.
Protection: Good car chargers have a built-in over charging, over heating protection system.
Cable: Some car chargers do not include a cable, but you can find a set with certified cable to ensure the charging reliability.
Best Car Charger Adapter Reviews
1. Tech sense lab qualcomm certified quick charge 2.0 car charger intelli sense 5v/2.4a & qc 2.0 12v/9v/5v all other smartphones and iphone(black)
Reviews and Features
- ORIGINAL AND CERTIFIED : Tech Sense Lab® is Australia\’s leading Quick Charge Brand. Officially licensed and certified to use Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 Technology. Charge compatible devices up to 75% faster than standard chargers. Unlike other Fakes on Amazon India, The Tech Sense Lab Ultra Fast Car Charger is actually listed on the Qualcomm QC2.0 Certified Accessories list. See the original QC2.0 Certificate in our images and verify our the details from our website.
- UNIVERSAL CHARGING : Charges all non-Quick Charge 2.0 phones and tablets at their normal speed (up to 5 volts / 2.4A Max) with our Adaptive Charging Technology.
- SAFETY GUARANTEE : We are the only FBA India Charger listed on Qualcomm Authorized accessories list. Tested by UL, we comply to all QC 2.0 specifications, see certificate in images. Multiple built-in safeguards protect against over-current, overcharging and overheating for safe and fast charging. Unlike other products imported from USA that don\’t have any warranty, we back our products a full 1 year warranty. 6 Months out of the box extra 6 months upon registration.
- QC 2.0 COMPATIBLE DEVICES : Common Quick Charge 2.0 Compatible Devices: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge / Edge , Note 5, Note 4 / Edge, Nexus 6, Sony Xperia Z4, Z4 Tablet, Z3, Z3 Compact, Z3 Tablet Compact, Z2 Tablet, Motorola Droid Turbo, Moto X 2014, HTC One M9, HTC One (M8), and more. Backward Compatible and works as a 2.4 Amps charger with All Other Smartphones
- PACKAGE CONTENTS : Tech Sense Lab 1 port USB Car Charger with Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 (one Quick Charge 2.0 port), 3 FT USB Micro USB Sync & Charge cable, 12 months warranty.
Reviews and Features
- 1 year replacement warranty
- Digitek dual usb car charger 2a dmc-009
- Best Quality
- Color may vary
Reviews and Features
- Smart Charge Technology – Detects your device and charges it at its fastest supported speed.
- Connector Independent – Works with Micro USB, Lightning and Type C cables.
- Two USB Ports – Either port can out 2.1A to a combined total of 3.1A
- Surge and Voltage Protection. Cable not included with the charger.
- Mivi Car Chargers comes with one year limited Manufacturing warranty
4.Tarkan 3.4 amp dual usb intelligent chip super fast plug car charger with led display and low voltage alarm
Reviews and Features
- Tarkan 3.4 Amp Super fast Dual USB Car Charger – CE / FCC / RoHS certified.
- LED screen to show car battery Voltage and current. Black and White color that suits your personality and elegance and provide classy look in your car.
- When the voltage is below 11.8V or between 18V and 23.8V, the buzzer alarm will automatically ring.
- With intelligent chip inside, the current will automatically share while using.
- The plug is flexible, can rotate upto 45 degrees.
Reviews and Features
- fers\’ above to find cheapest price options from other sellers !
- Triple USB ports: USB 5V DC 4.8A
- The blue LED light will illuminate while charging
- Constant voltage charging mode for safe using
- Worldwide voltage use
- HIGH SPEED CHARGING: Regor car charger delivers 2.4A per port. iPads require 2.4A charge. It can charge 2 iPads simultaneously making it one of the few chargers in the market to deliver 4.8A current speed (2.4A 2.4A = 4.8A).
- USE WITH VIRTUALLY ANY DEVICE: If a device recharges with a USB cable, you can likely power it up with the help of our charger. Can use it with iPhone 7, 7 Plus, SE, 6,6s, Plus, 5, 5S, 5C, Samsung Galaxy S7, Edge,S6, Edge Plus, S5, S4, Note 5, 4, 3, Oneplus, Xiaomi, LG, Motorola, Nexus 5X, 6P, 6. Also, iPads, other smartphones, tablets, GPS units, iPods, MP3 players & more.
- SIMPLE TO USE IN YOUR VEHICLE: Our 2 port, 4.8A/24W charger plugs right into the cigarette lighter of your vehicle. The compact, sleek black charger is easy to store in your glove compartment, console or pocket between uses, so it\’s ready to go when you\’re ready to charge
- SAFETY: Current Limiter protects your expensive device against shorts and surges.
Reviews and Features
- Two 2 ampere USB ports to charge multiple devices at the same time
- 20 watts power charges two devices simultaneously at full speed
- Discrete and non-distracting LED to confirm connection
- Compatible with Apple android (Samsung Galaxy) and fire phone power cables to charge phones and tablets
- 1 year limited warranty
Reviews and Features
- 8 hours of battery life with just 15 minutes of charging
- The turbo power 15 charger and car charger deliver up to 8 hours of power in just 15 minutes of charging for some motorola phones
- while charging other compatible phones 75 percent faster
- Smartphones, tablets, digital cameras and other USB compatible devices
- 1 year warranty
9.Tech sense lab ce & fcc certified, 3.4a dual usb fast car charger includes 1 micros usb cable rated at 480mbps (black n gold)
Reviews and Features
- FAST & SAFE CHARGING WITH 2 OUTPORTS : For its compact size, it delivers super fast charge to your mobiles and tablets. Any port can output a max current of 2.4Amps giving you the flexibility to use any port. You can charge 2 devices at a time and the speed will automatically be shaped to charge your device at an optimum speed.
- IOS, ANDROID & WINDOWS : Supports all mobiles and tablets from Apple, Samsung, Sony, HTC, Coolpad, Huawei, LG, Lenovo, Nexus, Micromax, Karbonn, Blackberry & Nokia.
- GUARANTEE : Unlike other products imported from USA that don\’t have any warranty, we back our products a full 1 year warranty. 6 Months out of the box extra 6 months upon registration.
- RETAIL PACKAGING : includes Gold Car charger, 1m long High Quality Sync & Charge micro USB (Android) cable rated at 2.1A for charging and 110mbps for data transfer. 12 months warranty. ** APPLE MFI Cable or Type C Cable not included.**
INTERNATIONALLY ACCREDITED BY CE & FCC,
- FOR PEACE OF MIND PROTECTION : Would you trust a non certified Car Charger to charge your valuable device? The cheap chargers are notorious for over-charging and overheating the battery which reduces the life of your mobile battery. Tech Sense Lab\’s car charger is Certified by CE & FCC to meet the highest International Quality Standards. The Intelligent circuit design protects against short circuiting, over-heating, over-currents, and over-charging.